Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 `Ano`ai me ke aloha iä käkou!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KäneKïHö`alu
Akahai

64 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  8:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Send KäneKïHö`alu an AOL message
`Ano`ai me ke aloha iä käkou!

My name is Matt. I spent my early years on Moloka`i but have lived most of my life on O`ahu. Now I'm in college on the mainland and I miss home so much!!! My three favorite things are music, food, and fishing. If never had those, life would be soooo sad! My favorite music is Hawaiian (traditional, not the Jawaiian or any of the other stuff people try to call Hawaiian nowdays.) I was so happy when I found this site - I've loved Kï Hö`alu my whole life but only have been actually playing it for about three years now. My favorite guitarists are Cyril Pahinui and Dennis Kamakahi. I'm really looking forward to meeting everybody and talking about Hawaiian music!

E mälama pono!

Edited by - KäneKïHö`alu on 02/16/2008 8:38:08 PM

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  11:25:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha mai e Matt! E komo mai to the patch! Pehea 'oe? 'O Alana ko'u inoa. He 'Ewa Beach mai au. My favorite music is Hawaiian especially traditional Hawaiian. Uncle Cyril Pahinui gave a free performance at Border's Pearlridge today which I totally missed. I also like Dennis Kamakahi too. Keep on posting and feel free to PM me or email me. Mahalo nui. E malama pono!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2008 :  01:30:26 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Matt. Welcome to Taro Patch. If you miss home, this is the place to come to help yourself miss it more. We will remind you about the music, the `aina, the kaukau but best of all, the aloha. This is a wonderful community of folks who truly love Hawaiian music and culture. Many wonderful experts post here and are so free in sharing their mana`o. You can learn much here, as I am sure we can learn from you. Please do not hesitate to share with us and set us straight when we need it.

Welcome to the 'Patch from frigid Cleveland, Ohio. E komo mai.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  3:05:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
E komo mai from Maine! Pehea 'oe i keia la? 'Olelo 'oe i ka 'olelo Hawai'i? I started learning it in May of 2006.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

KäneKïHö`alu
Akahai

64 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  8:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Send KäneKïHö`alu an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianmusicfan138

E komo mai from Maine! Pehea 'oe i keia la? 'Olelo 'oe i ka 'olelo Hawai'i? I started learning it in May of 2006.

`Ae, `ölelo Hawai`i au mai ku`u wä kamali`i. He maika`i e a`o ana `oe i ka `ölelo Hawai`i a e `upu ana au e wala`au me `oe i këia mua iho!!!

E mālama pono a e hoʻomaha ma ka maluhia o ke Akua,

Matt
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  11:03:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by KäneKïHö`alu

quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianmusicfan138

`Ae, `ölelo Hawai`i au mai ku`u wä kamali`i. He maika`i e a`o ana `oe i ka `ölelo Hawai`i a e `upu ana au e wala`au me `oe i këia mua iho!!!

Maika'i loa! Hope to catch you online.

A hui hou!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  1:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Matt, welcome to the 'patch.

Out of curiousity, are you using Hawaiian fonts? If you use Hawaiian Unicode fonts, the fonts should appear correctly in the forum here.

ĀĒĪŌŪʻ āēīōūʻ (Hawaiian Unicode) vs. äëïöü (Hawaiian HI Fonts)

Andy
Go to Top of Page

KäneKïHö`alu
Akahai

64 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  09:17:53 AM  Show Profile  Send KäneKïHö`alu an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Matt, welcome to the 'patch.

Out of curiousity, are you using Hawaiian fonts? If you use Hawaiian Unicode fonts, the fonts should appear correctly in the forum here.

ĀĒĪŌŪʻ āēīōūʻ (Hawaiian Unicode) vs. äëïöü (Hawaiian HI Fonts)

I just got some Hawaiian fonts after reading your message - I didn't know that they would work on the site. Here I'm just testing them: āēīōūʻ

Edited by - KäneKïHö`alu on 02/20/2008 09:21:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  08:19:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Matt,
Sorta sad that you don't like the LA area since you are here going to school. We do have music (even traditional Hawaiian), food (even down-home Hawaiian), and fishing (spear fishing, deep-sea, trout etc)..... I'll admit, it is a difficult area if you don't have a car and are out late. Also, there are so many neighborhoods with all their own delights both within LA city and out locally in the county. OK - the surf's good, but the water is colder than in Hawaii, I have to agree with you there. And there are a whole lot of Hawaiians, both born in Hawaii, and folks with ancestral Hawaiian blood, and a lot more Hawaii-phyles who mingle freely with anyone who will play or listen to music, eat, or fish. Keep your eyes and ears open, and I'm sure you'll find something to like while you're stuck here.
auntie nancy
born town-town LA.....
Go to Top of Page

kaniala5
Akahai

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  08:47:47 AM  Show Profile  Send kaniala5 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha e Matt!
I lived on Oahu for 21 years. I have been on this site and learning Kiho'alu as a way to deal with being home sick. Perhaps you can take a break from school and join us one weekend when we gather at Nancy's Hale in Manhatten Beach. I can come get you if you're in Los Angelas.

Akamai loa kou 'olelo Hawaii!

Look for reasons to be happy rather than excuses to be miserable.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000