Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Kona Coffee Video Censored !!!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  04:42:35 AM  Show Profile
Konabob-

That brings the level of threat beyond human health to a threat to the entire biosphere. I like the final line, so applicable to the constant misleading argument of "economy vs. environment"-

"Money counts for nothing in comparison".

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Keoki Kahumoku
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  2:31:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Keoki Kahumoku's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Keoki Kahumoku

Letʻs just say it was consumed through another end.... as a means for internal cleansing...decaf please!

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  2:38:34 PM  Show Profile
I thought that was kukui nuts.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  4:26:59 PM  Show Profile
You just eat the kukui nuts- so ono, like macadamia nuts. Then the "problems" start- both ends.

I remember walking into Waimanu the first time with Waimanu Jack, who became my hanai dad. There was this group of hippies sitiing at the top of the Waimanu Z-trail, cracking nuts. Jackie told em "Oh, mo bettah you no eat dose..." They said no, these are really good! Then I heard for the first time what I eventually learned was Jackie's trademark line when you were doing something really stupid against his advice- "O.K, I guess I no know NAA ting..."

Hours later, just before dark, some very pale yet somehow greenish young men slunk by, not even willing to look at us-

(February 1977)

Chris
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  01:52:04 AM  Show Profile
Here is an extremely enlightening video on You Tube. This explains many points I had not heard heretofore.

Here is what it has to say: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zQDOdnRBLqc
When the biotech industry decides to use the lands and people of Hawaii as its test guinea pig, local farmers, activists, researchers, and others speak out. This excellent documentary was made in 2006 by Na Maka o ka Aina for Earthjustice, the non-profit public interest law firm, and is re-presented with permission.

Earthjustice
http://www.earthjustice.org/

Na Maka o ka Aina
http://www.namaka.com/

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 04/03/2008 10:51:32 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked