Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Records
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  04:36:51 AM  Show Profile
Anyone know where/how I can get some records recorded digitally so taht I can listen to them?

If can, can. If no can, no can.

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  04:49:52 AM  Show Profile
joka,

If you have the vinyl and are talking about converting them to CDs, get ahold of me off line. Thatʻs one of the services I provide at my studio. One-off albums are not cheap, but youʻd be surprised how many of the albums you want to hear are already on CD. Google ʻem out.

dog
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  08:50:17 AM  Show Profile
I bought Paul a digital turntable that will record from the record player to the computer on a CD. In turn, he bought me a gadget that will scan photo negatives and slides and put them on the computer.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  10:21:41 AM  Show Profile
There are a couple of those turntables - I picked up mine for about $70.00 at a Circuit City sale. Works fine.I important the tracks into an editing program to clean them up a bit. Unless you are very very critical as to the final product, this approach can save you big bucks. If you want perfection, contact dog.
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  12:44:44 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by RJS

If you want perfection, contact dog.

Hey Dave!

There's your new marketing angle!

Puna
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  04:38:32 AM  Show Profile
Hey Eric, long time no hear. That would be a good pitch. My higher end clients seem to keep asking for more. Thatʻs perfect enough to me. Thanks, Raymond, for the props.

With todayʻs technology, there are so many viable, inexpensive options. Turntable, preamp and computer, thatʻs it. The clean-up plugs and editing time is the expensive part, but for basic play-back, you donʻt need that stuff.

dog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000