Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Sweat/sleeve
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2008 :  06:46:43 AM  Show Profile
I s'pect most of you are ahead of me, but anyone who's not:
There is a sleeve that japanese women use to keep the sun off their arm while driving. Coincidentally, it also keeps sweat off your guitar or ukulele. I don't have this problem but have started seeing a few of the guys using these and when teasing them about being Kobe look-alikes, I got the story.....
n

garson
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2008 :  4:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit garson's Homepage
You shudda seen bwop's fashion statement at George's camp. Real classy blue and white arm sock. bwop says its for keep sweat off guitar, but I think he just like show off.

Jim Garson
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2008 :  5:06:55 PM  Show Profile
Long time ago I bought a tan long sleeve shirt on sale for about 5 or 6 dollars, and cut off both arms - had some elastic sewn about halfway between where the elbow would be and the arm pit - works great - arm doesn't stick to guitar, sweat doesn't ruin finish.
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  03:47:41 AM  Show Profile
For years i've used the long sleeves cut off old Beefy T long-sleeve tees. Pre-fitted, nice and soft, washable. Really, really helps with keeping sweat off the guitar, and also importantly, lets me play without getting stuck: my arm can slide on the bout when I want it to, to pluck different areas of the strings.
Not a fashion statement at all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000