Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 looking for song and chords
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

P.M. JR.
Akahai

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  10:47:59 PM  Show Profile
50 dollars? Really? haha

Peter W.K. Moon
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  10:04:36 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by P.M. JR.

50 dollars? Really? haha

Eh petah boy you do get one sense of humor,alright.Next barbecue you bettah eat,shoots.
Go to Top of Page

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  07:44:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage
I only charge $50 because people can't afford to pay full price. I don't google or use a program. Just my ear, a pen, paper and an instrument. The price includes the tabs, a recording and all rights to the arrangement. My teaching methods are intrinsic to all my arrangements. Purchase 10 songs and you can publish a book.

This is what I do for a living. Posting my work for free would undermine my business. I am sure many think I lack aloha and the spirit of sharing. But sharing would be like feeding the hand that bites me. I'll share food, beer, my house, etc..., but music is my business.

I have posted a sample of my tabs on my website(Sanoe). You can find a link from the taro patch.

Mahalo for your support.

Stay Tuned...
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  5:09:22 PM  Show Profile
Or biting da hand that feeds me?If I stand corrected,mean da hand must look like.
Go to Top of Page

P.M. JR.
Akahai

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  7:11:17 PM  Show Profile
you're funny hikabe keep em coming I can always use a good laugh :)

Peter W.K. Moon
Go to Top of Page

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  1:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage
Peter,
Glad to make you laugh. Are you the Peter Moon who was in Sunday Manoa with the Cazimera Brothers? I am a big fan. Love your musicianship and your work. If you are the son, I have not had the pleasure of hearing your work. There is another Peter Moon Band that does ecclectic stuff on the mainland. If you are him, I love your work.
Fifty dollars is how much I charge for a 1 hour lesson, in which time I can teach a person whatever song they wish to learn, at what ever level they can handle. The amount is my rate per hour teaching. A finished product takes a little longer. I don't write books or make dvd's. There are enough of those already, many of which doesn't really help the consumer/student. My book will, as soon as I start writing it.

Stay Tuned...
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  3:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I think it's this (very talented) Peter Moon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhHO_TGGWJY

Jesse

Edited by - hapakid on 10/25/2008 4:02:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  5:49:15 PM  Show Profile
tanks eh! i was looking fo da chords fo dis song long time too! I love da recording of dis on da Aloha ke Akua CD.

If can, can. If no can, no can.
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  09:08:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Jesse I had not checked back on this thread for a long time so did not see your post what a beautiful recording thank you so much not only did you help me with the chord but hearing you sing it so clearly helps me with my Hawaiian ( which is not always correct as Auntie Margie tells me often) But I keep trying.

Mahalo
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  10:23:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nani,

Here's a charming version with keiki singing and dancing hula, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-DNIZUn6wo&feature=related .

Aloha,

Doug
Go to Top of Page

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  10:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage
Thanks Jesse. He's just a kid. Looks and sounds like the old man. Cyril too! Lucky guys!
I enjoyed your etubes also. Mahalo... Hiram Jr.

Stay Tuned...
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  10:38:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I'm not sure you can trust my Hawaiian either, but I'm glad it helped you with the song.

Jesse
Go to Top of Page

P.M. JR.
Akahai

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  3:30:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for that Hikabe. Whether I sound like the old man or not is debatable but I think most of us can agree that I don't look like Dad at all haha. I got Mom's white skin. :)

Peter W.K. Moon
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  02:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
I for one just hope we hear a lot more from you. The video was great. And I am a big ( alright an old) fan of your fathers. I loved the Cane Fire Album. Glad to see you on the scene.

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  1:17:25 PM  Show Profile
Eh, Petah Boy -- please tell us about your experiences at the Gabby Pahinui Waimanalo Kanikapila. Bla & Kathleen sent me a nice picture of you & Bla at the kani. What an experience that had to be!

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 10/28/2008 1:21:52 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000