Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 AUNTIE NANCY B-DAY
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  1:04:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi all you TP-er's out there in TP land. Please join me in wishing Auntie Nancy a very happy Birthday for Oct.7,2008.

Auntie Nancy (PuaKai)is recovering from a knee surgery/replacement thingy, and will be up & running in no time.

Auntie Nancy has been heavily involved in the Hawaiian community hosting many-many-many kanikapila's as well as opening up her home to many in the Slack Key, (and music in general) world. Some of you may have met this lovely, warm person at music camps, numerous concerts, and festivals...she's everywhere.
She swims, surfs, kayaks, bikes, scuba dives, plays music, sings, cooks like no other, paints, photographs..whew!!! etc...etc.. blah-blah-blah...and yes, plays slack key too. In addition, she's now a new Grand-ma...but don't let "grand-ma" define her as she is hard to keep up with as it is.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY!!!!

~slkho & all the SCSKS gang

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  2:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Happy Birthday Nancy!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  2:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Hau'oli La Hanau e 'Anake!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  3:11:43 PM  Show Profile

Dusty & Sheila
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  3:38:31 PM  Show Profile

Yes - Hau'oli la Hanau e Ocean Flower!!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  5:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Auntie Nancy,

Happy Birthday. I had no idea about your knee. Get well soon!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  6:20:37 PM  Show Profile
Happy birthday to yoooooouuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  8:30:21 PM  Show Profile
YOOOHOOOO TUTU!

slkho forgot to mention your gardening expertise as well. Gee, hope your knee "thingy" heals lickety split, so you can get back to normal and enjoy that grandbaby.

Howyou odderwise?

Julie
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  07:20:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Hau'oli La Hanau, Nancy!

Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  09:12:38 AM  Show Profile
Happy B Day!
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  1:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage
Yes, Happy Birthday Nancy!

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  3:39:18 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday!

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  07:21:42 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday! Hope your knees (and you) are up and running in no time!
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  09:56:25 AM  Show Profile
Happy to you, Nani. How you did all that stuff with bum knees? Do plenny extra therapies and get better quicker.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  01:35:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh My Goodness!
Mahalo nui loa to all of you!!!
Many friends have made this birthday a lot of fun, and like many, I'm glad there weren't any candles or we would have burned the place down.
Celebrating with my new grandson is so very special, as I'm sure all of you tutu wahine and tutu kane are aware. I will have Andy post a picture.
For those of you interested in full knee replacement, here's a bit of a scoop: it was way easier a surgery, and way easier recovery than previous ligament replacements etc that I have had. The criteria for doing it is unremitting pain, which we old jocks get to. I hadn't been able to walk to the beach in over 2 years, and was finally able to walk only 1/2 block. Last winter at Keoki's workshop it was a real struggle, and when I thought about George's in June, I realized I couldn't even negotiate the airports, let alone stairs and uneven surfaces. But I was recovered sufficiently from the left knee (Aug 6) to have the 2nd one replaced in 6 weeks (Sept 19th). And basically, I'm already released to do any activities I wish to do - and that I feel like I can do (there's the kicker of course... it still hurts and I'm a wuss). So now it's time to get back to kani ka pilas, dinner at Bob's, and concerts at Whittier!
And once again, thanks to all my friends, especially Rik who overstated any and all of my accomplishments. Julie: the yellow ginger is blooming like crazy and smells wonderful. Plumeria this summer has been underwhelming, but still plenty for leis. I put in several green ti plants for leis the rest of the year and though they're slow to get started, they are growing well enough now for picking plenty of leaves.
Aloha!
tutu (!) nancy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000