Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 Aloha Taro Patch!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  07:48:02 AM  Show Profile
Riverside...Dey wen use da Draft Card fo be shua you ovah 18. But da Draft Card no mo peecha, jes' like da old pepa license, no mo peecha. Hehe, one time I waz wit my 'Cuz shootin' some 25 cents rotation. We all wen stop fo watch one Bruddah...Bruddah Nuuanu (NO!...Bruddah Nu`uanu, not da Nu`uanu Brothers)playin' one high-stakes chak-chak...I tink was big bucks back den, like fo $10 bucks. Bruddah was wearin' black drapes, his black shirt and da white ting aroun da neck, black shades, ylang-ylang (maybe was pikake) pomade hair, and one Kools cigarette hanging from his kanaka lips. We wen hang out couple times jes fo watch his action...Bruddah could hustle.

Sheesh...I wen fo-get da good paht! Welcome, Bruddah Tad. Maybe one day I spahk you up in da NW!

Aloha,
da Poi Dog

Edited by - PoiDog on 12/21/2008 09:39:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  11:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha E komo mai!! Have fun learning slack key. I haven't tried yet but want to. I do play 'ukulele and piano. I hope to hear you play in person or on either youtube or myspace or any website like that!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  9:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Bruddah Nu'uanu was my American History teacher. He also used to sneak down to Yappy's. I knew his family from Chinatown but when I went ax um he deny deny deny he was from China town. He lost my respect at that time cause i was good frens with his brother and sisters. Gwen was one heck of a singer and uke player. I learned pleny music from her back den. Wot poidog you went Kalaepohaku too. Me I class of 65. E Ed I used to go insai P&P you fo buy beer and stuff.
Oh sorry Tad dis is your thread yeah?

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.

Edited by - noeau on 12/21/2008 9:35:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  05:49:09 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by noeau

Bruddah Nu'uanu was my American History teacher. He also used to sneak down to Yappy's.
Wo brah. Yappy's in Kapahulu? Dat right deya speaks volums.

So you used to go deya too? Oddawise how else would you know yeah?
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  7:16:24 PM  Show Profile
We was juniors and we used to drive by and my frens would tease the Boys. I felt bad cause When I was younger My playground was A'ala pahk. I went lurn volley ball from the queens and a lot of them was my frens too. Some of them used to sng falsetto ala Mahi Beamer. So nahenahe dat kine.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.

Edited by - noeau on 12/22/2008 7:16:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  10:06:47 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by noeau

When I was younger My playground was A'ala pahk. I went lurn volley ball from the queens and a lot of them was my frens too.
Eh, some of dem buggahs was rugged. Young keed time I used to watch some of dem play volleyball in front of da Natatorium in Waikiki with some pretty tough looking mokes. Big kine serious games had back then. And some of those "queens" could fly ovah da net and slam those volleyballs right back down at those moke'ses faces too. Ho da good fun was because da mokes no going try pick fight wit da "queens" bumbai shame if dey get lickens.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  02:57:28 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, ask Jay about gettin lickens from da mahu. Bip-bip-bip. Jay is one of da best story tellahz of all time.

Sorry eh Tad fo kakaroachin u tread but. You can see we jus like have good fun.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Tad
Aloha

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2008 :  09:33:30 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Yeah, ask Jay about gettin lickens from da mahu. Bip-bip-bip. Jay is one of da best story tellahz of all time.

Sorry eh Tad fo kakaroachin u tread but. You can see we jus like have good fun.

No problem It's a "forum" after all!

Hope you all have great, safe holidaz!

-Tad
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000