Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 Aloha From Heart O Texas!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HeartOTexas
Akahai

55 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  4:01:48 PM  Show Profile
Hello to all - I am back! I was pretty active on this forum a couple of years ago, and dropped off for quite some time. Let's just say I had a life changing experience through a freak accident. My car was washed off the road by a wall of water (true Texas flash flood).

I nearly lost my life, but having survived the initial accident, I nearly lost my leg from the ensuing massive infections that set in. Suffice to say that cars don't float, and flood waters are the filthiest water in the world.

Through the miracles of modern medicine and Almighty God himself, I am now back to 100% and cherishing every day I have left on this earth. I have started playing my kihoalu again, and look forward to chatting with you all and perhaps sharing some music down the road.

Frank

Frank
Deep in the Heart of Texas

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  5:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Frank,

Wow, great to have you back. Your story reminds us of how sweet playing slack really is. We cannot take picking up the guitar and playing music for granted.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  8:40:53 PM  Show Profile
Frank,

So good to hear from you. You have my fervent wishes for many more years, in good health, and many more blessings on your head.

That must have been some experience! When you have some time in the future, I would like to hear more about it. You can email me through this forum.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  10:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Frank
Good to hear from you. Sorry about the accident. However, if you could survive that, you should have no trouble hanging on when President Bush moves back to Texas.
I'm still playing "Rubba Slippas In Da Snow"
May you learn all the tunes you like.

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  10:48:23 PM  Show Profile
Frank - welcome back! As one who also has been graced with a "do-over", I full well understand how precious this life is. What a frightening and horrific experience you must have had. Yikes.

But glad to hear you are feeling better and are back in the swing of things, musically.

Best wishes for continued strength and peace in your soul,

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  02:42:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by HeartOTexas

Hello to all - I am back! I was pretty active on this forum a couple of years ago, and dropped off for quite some time. Let's just say I had a life changing experience through a freak accident. My car was washed off the road by a wall of water (true Texas flash flood).

I nearly lost my life, but having survived the initial accident, I nearly lost my leg from the ensuing massive infections that set in. Suffice to say that cars don't float, and flood waters are the filthiest water in the world.

Through the miracles of modern medicine and Almighty God himself, I am now back to 100% and cherishing every day I have left on this earth. I have started playing my kihoalu again, and look forward to chatting with you all and perhaps sharing some music down the road.

Frank

Aloha no!

So glad you healed okay... I look forward to reading more posts from you and maybe even getting to hear you play! Do you have a youtube? That's a good way to promote your music.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  12:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha and welcome back to the Patch! Sorry, to hear about the accident. Glad that you are okay. Keep playing kihoalu.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  09:03:01 AM  Show Profile
Welcome,Frank.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  3:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Reading your post brought tears to my eyes. I lost a dear friend to a Texas flood a few years back. Hell, the world lost a friend- Al Grierson was a rounder of the first order, a poet and a songwriter of prodigious talent, and a truly gentle human being. I had the great honor of recording a couple of his amazing CDs.

http://www.utahphillips.org/al/

Next time you play your guitar, please strum a chord for someone who didn't get out of the water.

Good luck to ya, Farnk. May you play all the right notes, and just enough of the wrong ones to keep life interesting.

Mark

Go to Top of Page

HeartOTexas
Akahai

55 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  02:12:31 AM  Show Profile
Mark, thanks for your post. Reading the tributes and news articles about Al, I understand completely why he tried to escape from his truck. Anyone who has not gone through that experience cannot begin to imagine the sheer panic that sets in as your vehicle is carried away, filling rapidly with water. There are a lot of similarities between our stories. Like Al, this happened about a half mile from home on my way home from work. I live perhaps an hour or so northeast of where he lived, still part of the rolling hills in the "hill country". I suspect our biggest difference was that I swim a mile for exercise, and even with a badly injured leg, I was able to swim toward the side of the raging waters, catch a tree, and climb it to get out of the water.

I will remember Al each time I play my guitar from now on. Stories like this can make a deep impact on someone lucky enough to survive the same situation.

H.O.T.

Frank
Go to Top of Page

HeartOTexas
Akahai

55 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  02:15:38 AM  Show Profile
And many thanks to all the well-wishes from everyone. It is good to be amongst friends, united by the strong ties of Aloha. The patch has encouraged me to play in forums that I would not have dreamed of without y'all's encouragement and acceptance of newbies.

Aloha,

H.O.T.

Frank
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  09:00:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Thanks, Frank. Stay dry now!

And welcome to the `ohana.