Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kakaako beach kanikapila
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  2:21:12 PM  Show Profile
Howzit everyone,just wanted you to know there's an open invitation to come and spend the day for a kanikapila,barbecue potluck.Play music,talk story,eat,and play some more.When:Feb 15th @ 12 o-clock noon.Just enter on cooke street off ala moana blvd,head for the ocean.When you see a fork in the walking path take the left one,and head strait towards the water,no can miss da two bolo head braddahs.Will be having couple generators,so can amp and mike up.If you like come early shoots can kokua in settin up.Hope to see you there.Braddah jay and Sir duke

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  3:58:10 PM  Show Profile
Right on da kini popo Braddah Ed. We will be jammin with Ka`iulani and her husband, Kimo and the de Silva `ohana and Ale'a. If can move after the hula lessons. But we get one lu`au and ho`ike Saturday night.

Any you guys, Jay and Duke and their `ohanas - they treat you so nice. And they make da besest kaukau. Mmmm. Duke makes gandule rice so ono. And jammin wit da Bolo Head braddahs, it don't get much better than that. It is so pretty at Kaka`ako. And even Henehene Kou Aka, gotta go kaka`ako fo da pipi stew.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  5:18:28 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by braddah jay

....When you see a fork in the walking path take the left one,and head strait towards the water,no can miss da two bolo head braddahs...

OK. OK, I was tinkin' , "Now why in da ert da Bruddahs goin' leave one fork on da sidewalk?" Whooooo, my potogee blood ste takin' ovah! Have fun y'all...See I can talk 'merican, too!

Aloha,
da Poi Dog
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  9:14:39 PM  Show Profile
Howzit PoiDog,actually I had to read dat buggah twice.Remember this da same guy who thought he was part puerto rican,den found out I'm part portuguese.

Braddah ed,goin try fo make dat buggah fo you guys,and one fo aunty way ovah in Ohio.Uncle Al should like dis,maybe can pick some opihi too.Look me showing off,hehehe.K-den
Go to Top of Page

808robertr
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  05:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit 808robertr's Homepage
Eh, you guys need one standup bass? I know I know, i'm one of those guys that say dey going come, but don't. i mean if the food is good...nah. if da wife says i can den i see you guys on sunday..
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  06:35:24 AM  Show Profile
I hope Kawika going to record it, at least part of it. I know dem flip cameras can hold one hour worth. Maybe Duke can have one of his dawdahs record it. Or Jay can have one of his kids. Or, or, or.....just make sure somebody films and somebody puts ontop da you tube. And I'll send Paul out to da store for buy couple chree boxes kleenex.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  1:01:15 PM  Show Profile
Howzit howzit,pretty much bank on it,since I not goin be playin dat much due to bein da designated cook.I'll make sure it happens one way or another. So make sure you get da kleenox ready.
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  3:31:55 PM  Show Profile
I stay buyin' nodda box kleenix. Y'all stay sending vids.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  7:25:16 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by rendesvous1840

Y'all stay sending vids.
Paul

Paul, this cracked me up. Reminded me of a friend who (as far as I know) still lives on O`ahu, but was born and raised in New Joisey. He had lived in Hawai`i long enough to pick up some pidgin, but retained his Joisey accent. When I think of him, I remember his saying "You get da kine qwahtah?"

Returning you to your regularly-scheduled thread.

Eh, you guyzes, play someting fo` us shivering Seattleites, 'k? Al knows what we like. And one ting we like is fo him and M.A. no fo'get come back.
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  06:20:53 AM  Show Profile
Shootz!!! No can stay dere! Ah, me....................

keaka
Go to Top of Page

Hookani
Lokahi

232 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  9:31:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey if it's an open invitation I'll be there. I'll be the odd ball in standard tuning.

Aloha,
Ho'okani

Ke Kani Nahe
YouTube

Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  10:16:10 PM  Show Profile
Dis da same buggah dat was lurking on da side at the higher ground cafe.If is glad you goin be there.Braddah duke get choke songs in standard,like in da hundreds,shh no say notting.K-den
Go to Top of Page

Hookani
Lokahi

232 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  3:25:03 PM  Show Profile
Das me, the higher ground lurker :) Yep, I'll be the short japanee with the 12 string. Oh and did I mention a bit round in da belly also. Hoping one my friends will be able to make it too, he's a slacker. He has to work but he going try make em.

Latahs,
Ho'okani

Ke Kani Nahe
YouTube

Go to Top of Page

Hookani
Lokahi

232 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  3:27:51 PM  Show Profile
Just realized there is no PM function in this forum so just put my email in my profile so can email me now.

Ho'okani

Ke Kani Nahe
YouTube

Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  8:56:17 PM  Show Profile
I wuz going stay smal kine ha'aha'a but since Duke wen spill da beans. Man Oz and PM Jr jus burn up da strings.I jus had to sit and watch. What a treat dat was. My singing was OK cause them guys are insrumentalists so they should play well.But da music can flow jus likeHawaiian music should.
I feel lucky I can join Jay and Duke for jam dis Sunday going be good and I going try catch some stuff on the Flip camera and put um up on utube if I get permission from the jammers. Whoo going be ono loa kinemusic I jus knowcause bruddah Duke he sound mo god in person then on da video.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

Kawika96797
Akahai

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  12:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kawika96797's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

I hope Kawika going to record it, at least part of it. I know dem flip cameras can hold one hour worth. Maybe Duke can have one of his dawdahs record it. Or Jay can have one of his kids. Or, or, or.....just make sure somebody films and somebody puts ontop da you tube. And I'll send Paul out to da store for buy couple chree boxes kleenex.

===================================
Jay called me up last week so I do intend to be there too. See you buggahs Sunday.

"I have no recollection of that"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000