Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kakaako beach kanikapila
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  9:56:08 PM  Show Profile
It's on for tomorrow,got confirmation from most everybody.Some no can make em,always get next month,but probably not with the menu presented.Got two generators reserved for tomorrow,amps and mikes all set to go.Goin get up early so can get the preferred spot,lot of prep went into this one,so every body goin enjoy which is da main ting.Gotta get to bed soon,so we let you know how da buggah went.Aloha braddah jay
Go to Top of Page

Kawika96797
Akahai

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  3:49:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kawika96797's Homepage
It was a beautiful perfect Hawaii Day and the music and food was perfect. It was a great pleasure to meet the other guys on this this forum. I did shoot some video, but my hand was so shaky it would be embarrassing to post it. I'll see if I can fix it and post it later.
Just finished my plate of Spanish rice, teri-turkey tail, roast pork, kal-bi, chow mein, tocino, and chili. Auwe, my opu goin bust and I like go moemoe now.

"I have no recollection of that"
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  4:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by guitarded

Braddah Kawika, you just listed some heart attack kanak attack-inducing comfort food from back home that I sorely miss. I can jahs taste it all right now. Mahalo for thinking about us puwah buggahs sucking wind at home and twiddling our thumbs. Lucky you guys live ova deya.

Why no go ask Jay and Duke fo some, da braddas wen go ovaboard. Had enough fo forty-fifty peepos. Dey no like go takem home, everybody get plate. Waz stillgoing strong wen I wen leave. Waz good vibes. Da music was good, da peepos was good, da menu was outadis world. Was won meeting of alla da TP guys, I had to go show face dis won. Ova dea I met Kawika and a hole buncha guys who was on da patch anden. -- da slack key resistance oa mebbe mobetta go callem da slack key undaground coz had plany loco guys who jez stay in lurk mode. Ah I gotta go cook dinna now fo da inlaws.
Alohas!
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  6:44:43 PM  Show Profile
Wuz so ono man! Meeting all dese guys and gals was da bestest. I will cherish this experience fo one long time. Good fun homogeniize with Mike and fo hear Sean and Zack and of course bruddah Jay and Duke and Uncle Bruddah and Ho'okani and da uke player from Waianae. Sorry I foget his name. Oh an I no can foget Doug Fitch too and Peter. Man what a crowd was da Kaka'ako slack da kine festivity li'dat.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.

Edited by - noeau on 02/15/2009 6:46:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  7:43:25 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Okay so wheya you guys was hiding?
I not jehless. Nope, I not. Nope.

No worries Ed, we never forgot about you and Aunty W. the video should be up soon.

Really though, it was good fun.

It was cool to get to play with and, more so, listen to great music from TPers, Peter Medeiros, Al, Kawika, Zack and of course Jay and Duke. I think I said it before, but it bears repeating, there are some mighty talented folks up on this forum. I am just blessed to have gotten the day off from work to enjoy it.

So yeah, thanks guys. We doing it again next week? (haha... I can dream can't I?)

-Shawn

Edited by - sm80808 on 02/15/2009 7:44:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hookani
Lokahi

232 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  8:11:59 PM  Show Profile
Big mahalos to Duke and Jay for putting this kanikapila together. The grindz was ono but better than that I got to meet all you guys. A real good bunch of peoples. And I neva feel too lonely since other guys were in standard tuning also. Too bad Duke and Jay couldn't play more since they were busy takin care of the party. Anywayz, had a great time and was nice to meet everyone. Can't wait for the next one. Mahalo again Duke and Jay.

Aloha,
Ho'okani

Ke Kani Nahe
YouTube

Go to Top of Page

kahili
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  8:19:21 PM  Show Profile
Howzit kakou
I just wanted to send a big mahalo nui loa to braddahs Jay and Duke for putting this kanikapila together. Good company, good music and ono mea'ai.

Uncle Braddah
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  8:31:14 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Okay so wheya you guys was hiding?

I not jehless. Nope, I not. Nope.

Hey Guitarded,

Was hard enough listening to the comments about how good the music and food were, and then you have to show the picture. Reminded me of when I got to jam with Bruddahs Duke and Jay and da gang right over there by the water this past summer. Now I gotta buss out da kleenex. Ass why hard!

Aloha,
Doug
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  10:50:29 PM  Show Profile
    "Point Panic was unreal, 90 feet and glassy."

. . . Tell Fate Yanagi (Kumiko's cousin from my Tia Carrere post ) "I looove her . . . ." [wipeout]

Bruddah Ed,
Duke went list da menu anyway cause that's da kine friend he is--rub salt in da wound. Auwe!

Aloha,
Doug

Edited by - PearlCityBoy on 02/15/2009 10:50:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  07:04:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
Aloha Everyone!
Wish we could have been at the kanikapila yesterday, sounds like everyone had a great time. We'll try for next time. Glad the weather was nice, and the photo of the area looks beautiful! MUCH MAHALO to Dukie and Jay for all the hard work that went into this kanikapila. You guys are THE BOMB!
A Hui Hou, the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

Kawika96797
Akahai

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  09:16:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kawika96797's Homepage
Here is a taste of the kanikapila at Kakaako:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mifM5w0pAc&feature=channel_page

"I have no recollection of that"
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  1:15:23 PM  Show Profile
Da steel geetah is sweet, sweet, sweet. Ahdunno Uncle Braddah but nice, fo realz.

All my boys make me weep, playin so nice togeddah.

Duke - I did not see J.J. playing drums fo you guyz.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  4:03:46 PM  Show Profile
Smooth as silk. Can't wait to see more video.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  7:15:53 PM  Show Profile
Howzit,first of all thank you to everybody who blessed this kanikapila with their presence,in the music and sharing.To those who never make em,no worries we goin do em again.I don't know seems like da mainland folks get us all excited.So who's next? Ohio folks in da house in august,braddah ed should be due in da future.But again thank you to all of you who showed up,that was the reward for all the effort we put into making this happen.To those we dedicated the videos to,sorry if was lilly bit rough,but was from the heart.Jalike miles davis,no practice one take.Also before I forget thank you to dukes daughter melanie for the video,and kyle for transporting the food.Charlie and keeny,I hope da spelling is right thanks for helping this old man bring everything back home,I love you guys!And last but not least thank you duke for the awesome food you put together,my wife said she can tell when you in the mood to cook,cause all came out good.Oh yeah before I catch one slap thank you to my wife and kids for helping dad,my back wasn't up to par.I couldn't have pulled this off without all your help.Aloha
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  02:43:29 AM  Show Profile
Here are all the links to what Duke posted and also includes Kawika's film, as well. You want to know how many boxes of kleenex I went through? Plenty!

I love you my braddahs. This was the best. Oh how I wish Paul and I were there. It had to be a perfect way to while away a February afternoon. Jay - you are my happy star! Thanks for singing that for Auntie.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=kaka%60ako+kanikapila&aq=f

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 02/17/2009 02:45:39 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000