Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kakaako beach kanikapila
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  08:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by braddah jay

I don't know seems like da mainland folks get us all excited.

In the latest National Geographic, there's an article that talks about how horses evolved in the Americas, but that line died out, while those who moved on to Asia and Europe survived. Eventually, the Spanish brought horses to the "New World," thus returning them to the home that lost 'em.
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  09:09:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
ALOHA!

Much mahalo for posting the wonderful videos, what a beautiful event! And again, much mahalo to Duke and Jay for all the hard work they put into making this kanikapila so special. You guys really are the best, LOVE YOU!

Doug Fitch posted (on kanikapila oahu forum) an offer to host March's kanikapila:

Hale Haole Hau'oli (Doug's place-Kailua)is open and ready for March kanikapila! I get lanai, coconut trees, shade, mele and aloha. I even get lua (bring your own banana peel-nah!). How 'bout Sun March 15th at 1pm? What's the concensus on that date/time? I'm real flexible in March. Let's bounce it around the taropatch.
Doug Fitch

Having it at Doug's home would give Jay's back a chance to recover, and share the work load (cause we're so grateful to Duke and Jay for organizing, setup, cooking, cleaning, arranging for and uploading video, etc, etc, etc ). Thanks again you guys. What do you say, shall we go to Hale Hau'oli next month?

Aloha, Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  09:54:22 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by guitarded
Eh Momi, did you-know-who forget to take his morning meds?

Braddah Ed, put on your "eloquent irony" glasses, den you get `em!

Edited by - Momi on 02/17/2009 09:54:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  12:18:52 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by guitarded
Sorry, but dass too deep for me. I used to cut out from school fo go pool hall on "Eloquent Irony" class days.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Medeiros in another thread
I jes get attitude problem.

Not - you and Prof. Petah jes wen go detenshun da same time, `as why.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  09:37:34 AM  Show Profile
But I wanna know more about Braddah Uncle. Nice, nice sweet sounds on da steel. Who is? Wea stay? Get wife and chirren? Prolly too old for my dawdahs, yeah?

No sneakin' around. Gotta confess all to Auntie W., the niele Potagee princess.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  10:51:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

But I wanna know more about Braddah Uncle. Nice, nice sweet sounds on da steel. Who is? Wea stay? Get wife and chirren? Prolly too old for my dawdahs, yeah?

No sneakin' around. Gotta confess all to Auntie W., the niele Potagee princess.

Dear Princess,
His name stay Uncle Braddah. Dees tings r important tings you must know in orda fo you to carry on yo dudies. And rememba to use yoa powa only fo good.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  12:09:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
Ah no way braddah! Princess Wanda, she stay royalty anden. And who are we too quastion her lidat. Rememba we stay on detantion. Az kinda like timeout I tink? Anyways I like tank you fo takin da bullet fo da boyz onda da dakine yeah but waz mobetta you go ax da question den me. But fo me lidat i already stay beyond retaliation but foda udda guys who still tryen fo make won name hahd yeah.

You been hea befoa. How long is detantion?

Edited by - Peter Medeiros on 02/18/2009 12:10:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  12:23:32 PM  Show Profile
Kala mai. Kala mai. Kala mai.

Ah dunno how fo say one rosary, since I one Baptiss, we no get one rosary. Hahd fo be Potagee Princess witout bein Catlick. Even if honorary kine.

Uncle Braddah. Uncle Braddah. Uncle Braddah. OK, now I get em. Eh, he not hillbilly is he with a moniker lidat Uncle Braddah? k-den.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  2:12:13 PM  Show Profile
I never saw a stand like Uncle Braddah had under his steel. Some have legs that screw into the bottom, do some come with a stand, or did he make an adapter for a music stand? Up here, all the steel's got pedal stuff underneath, and a cowboy hat on top the player. And a different kind of music inside, too.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello

Edited by - rendesvous1840 on 02/18/2009 2:13:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  2:15:17 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sirduke58

quote:
originally posted by Ho'okani

Kapilina
Pili Aloha
Ku’u Home O Kahalu’u
Wa’a Hokule’a
Holei
Mele A Ka Pu’uwai
Poliahu
Hopoe
E Ku’u Sweet Lei Poina 'Ole
Kaua’i Medley: Hanalei Moon/Beautiful Kaua’i
He Hawai’i Au
Ka Makani Ka Ili Aloha
Lei Ho’oheno
My Yellow Ginger Lei
Ku’u Lei Awapuhi
Lei Pikake
Pua Hone
Kauanoeanuhea
Kawaipunahele
Makee Ailana
Malie’s Song
Manu O’o
Mokihana Lullaby
Pua Carnation
Sanoe
Ua Nani O Nu’uanu
Waiulu
Napualani
Palehua
Pua Lililehua
Aloha Hawai’i Ku’u One Hanau
Wahine Ilikea

Eh Derek I found dis on won noddah chred you sly lobo, hacome you nevah buss 'um out at da BBQ/Kanikapila? Like braddah Jay like to say "Eh you friggin' sleepah" Mo' worse I wen ax you fo' do won song & you gimme dat "Nah ahdunno nuttin look" Brah I goin' print out dis liss & I goin' call you out on kapolo deze next time.You sleepah you!

Oh...that is Derek. I never knew. Next time we gotta get him an amp and a mic, he know choke good songs. :)

Go to Top of Page

Hookani
Lokahi

232 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  2:20:56 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Eh Derek I found dis on won noddah chred you sly lobo, hacome you nevah buss 'um out at da BBQ/Kanikapila? Like braddah Jay like to say "Eh you friggin' sleepah" Mo' worse I wen ax you fo' do won song & you gimme dat "Nah ahdunno nuttin look" Brah I goin' print out dis liss & I goin' call you out on kapolo deze next time.You sleepah you!

Don't say I didn't warn you, I'll sing a few next time. My partner is the one who usually sings the nahenahe stuff (his voice matches that kin' stuff), I handle more of the chalangalang hula stuff but I like to sing both. Just remember I said 'I like to sing', doesn't mean I'm any good at it.

Aloha,
Ho'okani

Ke Kani Nahe
YouTube

Edited by - Hookani on 02/18/2009 2:21:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  3:40:25 PM  Show Profile
I must say that all the peepos was dea made um one good kine pahtey. The food was ono loa and the music nahenahe. Thas how fo make dat kine so errybody can have one good time. E mahalo ia 'oukou apau loa. Nui ka le'a le'a i loa'a ia kakou apau. Allyou guys are my homies now.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  02:14:26 AM  Show Profile
Braddah Derek/Ho`okani -- that was some top notch music on You Tube. That is the only one you got? More, more. Please. Auntie was groovin' on the sounds.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  05:22:49 AM  Show Profile
Here is one noddah video featuring Shawn playing oh so sweetly lead guitar and Braddah Al Tringali and Braddah Mike Keale singing. Ka Wai Lehua `A `Ala Ka Honua/Hi`ilawe medley. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFKvRflHDXw

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  08:35:42 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like a good time was had by all. Hope to make it there one day!

Aloha,
da Poi Dog
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000