Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Taropatch.net Miscellaneous
 Announcements, Feedback, Suggestions
 "Not found" errors
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2003 :  2:04:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey Andy,

For the past couple of weeks or so, I seem to be getting a lot of these errors when I try to connect to Taropatch.net. I know that it may be a bad link anywhere in the path, but since it occurs here far more often than anywhere else, I fear it may be your host.

Sorry, I have no specifics. Yes I do. There was an outage of at least 15 minutes this morning between 7:47 and 8:26 PDT according to send times on a couple of emails.

I'm mentioning it in case it's not just me having this problem.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Logging:
4/21 11:24p PDT locked out, gave it 3 tries
4/21 11:35p got in.
4/22 10:22p locked out
4/22 10:27p locked out
4/22 10:37p got in
4/23 7:40a locked out
4/23 7:50a got in
4/24 a minute or two shy of 9:15a, locked out
4/24 9:15a in
4/24 6:19p out
4/24 6:21p in

Pauline

Edited by - Pauline Leland on 04/24/2003 9:22:34 PM

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2003 :  2:50:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the post Pauline. I'll look into it. If anyone else is also having problems, please post so that I have more data to report to my web host. Mahalo.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

aplenty
Akahai

62 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  02:36:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit aplenty's Homepage
Me too... for about two weeks or so. Real frequent... I have to keep trying. Didn't have the problem today. Since I now know others are having the problem, if it continues, I'll write down day/time.
Thanks,
Sandy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  09:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I see Pauline has been updating her log. Is anybody else having the same problem accessing the site? Not sure if it is her ISP or a broader problem with the webserver. I personally have not been having problems accessing the site recently but have not been able to check at night since my Internet access at home has been unpredictable.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  12:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi - no problems for me here in san diego. pauline, have you tried to ping www.taropatch.net and to ping other sites when you have a problem?

aloha,

Keith
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  1:18:08 PM  Show Profile
I've been checking in once in early afternoon and once around 10:00 pm PST on a regular basis with no problems.
Raymond
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  6:14:54 PM  Show Profile
Ping? How. Nope, obviously.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  7:06:42 PM  Show Profile
If you are running windows, open a Command Prompt window (DOS window)
and enter:
ping www.taropatch.net

Sorry, I don't know how to suppress the auto link feature here. you obviusly don't enter the underlines.

See the example below. Sorry for the large file size.
http://www.csusm.edu/wdfoster/ping.jpg

If you are on a Mac, you are on your own.

Dusty

Edited by - wdf on 04/23/2003 7:09:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  7:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi pauline,

when you can't get a connection, try, say

ping www.taropatch.net

and see if it can get through. if you can't, then try

ping www.csusm.edu

just to try a different host. if you can't get through to either, the problem may be with your provider (the company that connects you up).

dusty, is there a traceroute for windows?

Keith
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  7:44:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
dusty, is there a traceroute for windows?
Yep, from the command prompt, type 'tracert taropatch.net'

(Oops, I had an extra space in the url but now it's fixed.)

Andy
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  8:59:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
cool! wait until a student asks me, and i tell them "yeah, i learn all my windows net tools from an exclusive web site called taropatch.net.

pauline, if you use this tool (like andy said, but without the space between taropatch and .net), then it will tell you if you actually can communicate with andy... if you can't, then it might give you a hint of where the trouble really is.

netfully,

Keith
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  12:31:41 AM  Show Profile
Thanks guys. Of course, I'm getting to the site, now. Hey, I'd better save the instructions. They won't do much good when I can't read them.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  12:44:47 AM  Show Profile
Entering the post above locked me out! I tried tracert and got this response:

C:\>tracert taropatch.net
Unable to resolve target system name taropatch.net.

Whatsit mean? That I should have added www.?

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

etakushi
Aloha

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  08:53:58 AM  Show Profile
Pauline, adding the 'www' should fix your tracert issue. If you're on a Mac, and using OSX, there's a Network Utility that has ping and trace route. Look for it in the applications folder.

FWIW, I've been having this problem for a few weeks, now. I don't know why it didn't occur to me that others might be having this problem. Anyway, I'll try to keep a running log. BTW, all times will be EST and I, typically, use Internet Explorer 6 (WinXP) and Internet Explorer 5 (Mac OSX).

- eric

[EDIT: removed the log I was keeping because, of course, I've been able to successfully access this site since I started keeping it.]

Edited by - etakushi on 04/27/2003 10:21:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  2:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
pauline,

taropatch.net and www.taropatch.net are the same machine (63.119.175.13). the problem is on your side; for some reason, your machine is unable to translate www.taropatch.net to 63.119.175.13.

you might call your provider and say that you're having problems resolving names, and see if they've had some flaky DNS servers (the servers that translate names to addresses).

Keith
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  2:47:44 PM  Show Profile
Keith,

Thanks, right, both names worked just now. 17 hops each.

Wouldn't flakey DNS's flake on more than one domain name, though? I connect to other sites just fine. I review more than one BB, and can easily get to the others.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000