Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 What happened...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Peshkwe
Akahai

50 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  4:58:01 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

quote:
Originally posted by guitarded

quote:
Originally posted by Peshkwe

Waaaaasaaaabi.....

My precious....we must have the wasabi on the habanaros....

Yes my precious we must!

See what you've been missing, Gregg? Lord of the Rings alters your mind, it gets under your skin, and gives you an excuse to talk like Gandalf.

That ain't Gandalf, that's Gollum, ya goof!

Shhhh.....no say nuffin! Even geeks like a good snicker sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  8:17:00 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Menpachi Man

Somebodi gotta go grab Duke an drag em back. He kaina hahd hed, so ahdonno. He useta bench 500 lbs so gotta get foah peepo on each ahm.
Sometimes fo hud head blahlahs like dat, all it takes is ONE tita moke fo go pinch da eeyah, anden da rest going follow. Should be mo easy now since all I hear braddah Duke's been benching lately is bowls of gandule rice. Good ting he no going see my post.
Go to Top of Page

mike2jb
Lokahi

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  9:00:34 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sm80808

It is kinda weird. There have been no active topics about slack key for a while already.

Did people lose interest already?

quote:
Originally posted by noeau

First off there are qualifications that precede the ability to voice an opinion about slack key in the manner that Duke has. It does go back to events from 1820 and all that led to that fateful day in January of 1893. So in this case geneology does matter. If anyone did not have any relative in Hawaiʻi at the time they should keep their thought to themselves.

Maybe folks don't want to have to prove their "qualifications" to post.
Hope not.

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  01:11:15 AM  Show Profile
You guyz is wimps. You tink I stay sked o Dukie? Nah, nah. He no skeah me, I just smack him ontop dat bolo head. Well, maybe just after I give one beeg hug and lotsa kisses ane stuff. He get da lipstick stuff ontop da bolohead.

I do miss my braddah and all da tings he wen teach us. I miss his kolohe stories. I miss his babooze stories. After all, how many guys you no can stand rite dere when da bank robbah walk rite by?

But how many guys go buss deah okole fo show aloha when you go visit? How many guys gonna make one top notch kanikapila fo welcome you? How many guys gonna give all dat aloha.

Dukie, my braddah, and Jay my Braddah -- we need you guys. For your wit, for your talent, for your mana`o, but most of all for your aloha.

Now you wen get Auntie needin dem kleenex one mo time.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 03/20/2009 01:47:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  01:47:52 AM  Show Profile
quote:
originally posted by menpachi man
Somebodi gotta go grab Duke an drag em back. He kaina hahd hed, so ahdonno. He useta bench 500 lbs so gotta get foah peepo on each ahm.

Correction I ony got up to 415lbs for 3 reps My baby braddah is da animal who reps 500lbs. Aikureesh wit all da coercion undah da radar kaina hahd fo' stay in exile spesholee wen you miss dis place & da peepo so much. Been tinkin' about how I made ovah 30 friends & acquaintences on dis forum in less den one ye'ah, mo' productive den any oddah place I been in my life(Tanks Andy) Dat ovahride any negative issues dat I wen experience oheeyah. Eh da bolohead like hang wit you guys again if you guys no mind. Today is boat me & braddah Jay's burfdaze and dis is one good burfday giff in my opinion.Okay Wanda you can let go my eeyah now

Malama Pono
Braddah Duke
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  02:09:59 AM  Show Profile
Woo-hoo. Ui-ha. Yahoo. Auryte!

I love you my Braddah.

And all you mokes and titahs out deah, say Happy Berfday to my two guys. Jay wen hit da beeg 5-0 dis yeah.

Ahem, Dukie is oldah.

Darn, need mo kleenex dis time.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  02:12:47 AM  Show Profile
Funny ting ovah heah in Cleveland. Soon as Dukie wen pos dat pos up above, the sun started shining in tru da computah room window. Az wot I like, see Dukie brings da springtime and da sunshine to an otherwise drab world.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Claudia
Lokahi

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  04:44:07 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUKE AND JAY!!

Welcome back to the 'Patch. Thank you, Wanda, for yanking his ear. Wow, do we get your stories again? Yay!! I am a happy 'Patcher .
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  05:34:31 AM  Show Profile
Now bettah get da pidgin tread back up in da towzans wit mo stories, it wen shrink while you gone Dukie.

I tink I make one birfday cake today and eat it in honor of my braddahs. Salt free, fat free of course. I tink I goin pulehu some rib steaks, too, maybe wit teriyaki. And I get chili in da fridge leftovah.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  05:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
Ahhh, order in the universe has been restored..
Happy birthday Duke n Jay, great to see you back,you know we would have all chipped in to get Auntie a ticket to come lookin for ya...

Lee
Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  08:01:16 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sirduke58

Today is boat me & braddah Jay's burfdaze and dis is one good burfday giff in my opinion.

Malama Pono
Braddah Duke

Brah...You guys still get birddays? I wen stop havin' birddays about 20 birddays ago! Jes' fo dat, I goin' celebrate you guys birddays...Tonite I goin' see Darrin Benitez at Maui Beach Hotel! El Bom Bom De Elena

Hau`oli la hanau my Bruddahs Dukie and Jay!

Aloha,
da Poi Dog

Edited by - PoiDog on 03/20/2009 08:02:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  11:48:12 AM  Show Profile
Howzit Wanda,Lee,Claudia & John mahalo much fo' da burfday wishes and da welcome back. I wen miss you fallahs planny too
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  11:51:36 AM  Show Profile
Hey - all you peepo wot rite to me to say tanks fo pullin Dukie by da eyah fo come back to da lo`i -- no was me. Was all you nodda guys, lots and lots wot rite me e-mails telling me to beg Dukie to come back. Even some no say beg Dukie fo come bak -- some say grab dat moke and make him come back. Nah - Auntie loves her Dukie and no can make him do nottin he done wan fo do. But mebbe, jus mebba da mana`o from tirty or so his frenz make him get da vibes. All da fokes wot want Dukie back get plenny mana when concentrate one da task at hand.

I mua!

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  12:00:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by sirduke58

Eh da bolohead like hang wit you guys again if you guys no mind.

No mind? No mind!?! Can you feel the birthday hugs from the Mainland, brah?

Hau`oli Lā Hānau, you two. (But I'm not sure I needed to know that I am older than Jay...)
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  12:06:22 PM  Show Profile
E wow we all March babies liʻdat. Welcome back to da loʻi my fren. Emike 2jb with all due respect you miss the point of my statement. Slack key in its purest form is an Hawaiian invention and no way can someone who is not native to the land can understand what some of us go through because of statements like yours. You are most welcome to voice your opinion just realize that the source of the art form demands proper respect. No manner of modern innovation can minimize the fact that slack key is Hawaiian first and anything else cannot be labeled as slack key if that source is not treated with proper respect.I say htis to you from a friendly stance. You cannot take what I say and imply that i am being unfair to non natives. You as an absolute beginner must do the research andpay the dues. Like most of us have. Practice til your fingers bleed then you can talk maybe.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.

Edited by - noeau on 03/20/2009 12:08:21 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000