Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 MELE.COM news
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  05:36:38 AM  Show Profile
Okay -- it's official. I'm retiring, and have sold MELE.COM, effective April 15. Uiha!!!!

My dear friend Fred Krauss of Maui will do an outstanding job with the website. He has the knowledge and expertise to grow it even bigger and better. The site will close down April 15 while we make the transition (and pack and move allllll this inventory!), with a reopen date scheduled for May 1st.

I'm definitely not leaving the island music industry though -- still got my radio shows, and will keep supporting island musicians and wonderful music they bring us.

Just wanted all you wonderful TPers to hear this news from me, straight up!

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Kaiulani
Akahai

77 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  05:53:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaiulani's Homepage
Aloha Auntie Maria,
Congratulations!!
Enjoy the extra time in your life...
Me Ke Aloha,
Ka'iulani & Kimo

www.GalleryKauai.com

Me Ke Aloha,
Ka'iulani

www.GalleryKauai.com
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  06:09:37 AM  Show Profile
Auntie Maria - doggone it! I knew someday I would have bought enough music to contribute to your retirement fund! Glad I could be of help! I highly recommend retirement. It is something we all should aspire to. Now you have to go look for another kuleana.

Thank you so very much for starting the business. Without you, folks like us so far away from the Islands would have a very limited knowledge of Hawaiian music. You have not only provided a venue from which we can purchase our beloved music, but you have provided so much more -- news, your listing of halau, the liner notes but most of all, samples of the music. You know I have availed myself so very much of the wonderful ability to search your database for the song I am studying at that time to hear of the versions available. You have shared so much with us in your activities to promote Hawaiian music, but most of all, you have shared your infectious aloha for the music and the people who make the music.

We owe you a debt of gratitude. We thank you. Mahalo nui loa.

Gonna be some pau hana party, I bet!

Paul and I wish you nothing but the best. If you just feel like sitting on the lanai in a rockin' chair, then just do it. No feeling guilty allowed.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  12:44:13 PM  Show Profile
WWWWAAAAAAHHHHHH Maria

How will I find you now? Will you change your email address? What about that handsome guy in shipping? How will I find him?

Well, I hope you two get to enjoy all the things you live in Hawai'i for, besides those sweet daily trips to the Post Office. Man, are they going to miss you!

Hugs, and best of retirement to you,

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  1:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hard to imagine a mele.com without an Auntie Maria! They've been one in the same for so long. Congrats on selling your business. Good to know that you will still be in the scene and supporting as you have for all these years.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  2:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
WOW - that is stunning news, Maria. You have done such a fantastic job (and I know Fred will be great at it as well - everyone here knows who is is, right?), and I will always be grateful for the guidance you have provided over the years - not only with your music sales, but also with your HARA connections, your live-performance leads, even the insight you gave me several years back for the broadcast of material from the slack-key festival on Kaua`i. MAHALO NUI LOA, and you have certainly earned the joy of letting it go (though I suspect you will be busier in retirement than you were in business!)
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  2:26:58 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Auntie! As Wanda said, retirement is something we all should aspire to. I've been aspiring for a long time, and know from whence I speak! As a friend told Wanda when she retired,"Don't take on any job you can't do in Bunny Slipppahs!". Now you'll have time to post here more often, right?
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

keneke ka
Akahai

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  3:40:42 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo Auntie for all da music info you provided ....

no bettah place fo retire den Kaua'i , eh ?

enjoy the journey....
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  04:51:02 AM  Show Profile
You guyz are da best...making eyes well up with tears, reading your messages this morning!

Not to worry, I'm still going to be patch-active here. Not leaving the industry; just leaving the retail end of it. For those who don't know Fred Krauss, he's part of Punahele Productions -- the power behind all those wonderful releases by Keali`i Reichel. So MELE.COM is going into _very_ capable hands.

My new email address is already active (auntie at lava dot net), and Julie -- that handsome guy in my shipping department sends hugs to you and Sir Lawrence!

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1005 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  06:17:35 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo Auntie for all the music. Be sure and post a new email for yourself. Where else will I hear about what's going on in Kaua`i. Congrats on retirement; I feel like I've contributed to that over the years, what with having bought about 200 CDs from Mele.com. A hui hou
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  11:17:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
Wow, seems like just yesterday when I first ordered a CD from you - 1997, as a matter of fact - and you were still here in the SF Bay Area - Capitola. Congratulations on your latest life change. Mahalo nui loa for da music! A hui hou - malama pono...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"

Edited by - ArtSap on 03/27/2009 11:17:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  1:13:26 PM  Show Profile
Auntie - as someone said above, I have contributed mightily to your retirement! I hope, tho, that your successor is as good as you at suggesting and helping with my needs. Mahalo nui loa for what you've done.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

kuulei88
Akahai

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  5:23:05 PM  Show Profile
Auntie--mele.com is the bomb because YOU made it so!! Here's wishing you a happy retail retirement.
aloha, amy k.

amy k
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  12:20:33 PM  Show Profile
Auntie,

Mahalo for all your efforts and best of luck to Fred.

-Mark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000