Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Gathering Slack Key players for Dana Pt. open mic
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slackkeymom
Aloha

6 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  4:39:45 PM  Show Profile
Looking for Slack Key players to create an open mic night at The Beach House restaurant in Dana Point, California. Must be able to play for about 20 minutes. Players and their guests receive %20 discount on food and drinks. Call Travis (949) 370-7379

Kendyl

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  4:49:05 PM  Show Profile
Kendyl,
Mitch and T-Dan might be able to help you and Travis out.\

You played very well last night. I love seeing your daughter on stage watching mom. It appears you are feeling a little more comfortable behind the microphone and are playing a little more nahenahe. Dana Point would be a stretch for me and my week is already full with ki ho'alu on Tuesdays and ukulele on Thursdays. But if you are able to get it going and sustain it some of the SCSKS bubbas from San Diego County could fill in once in a while.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  09:19:43 AM  Show Profile
I'll go if Mikey goes.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to see you play, (again) at Kaisens' Kendyl...maybe next week. I had to leave early as usual...its not easy being a Slack Key player by day,and a super-hero-crime-fighter at night.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  11:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage
Sounds like a great thing...Too bad I'm about 80 miles away...Dang. California is BEEG. Good luck with the event...When my schedule slows down I'd love to drop down south to check it out.

( O )====:::
Go to Top of Page

kawikasurf
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  10:42:54 AM  Show Profile  Send kawikasurf a Yahoo! Message
By all means, please do so. Not a slack key player myself but an unabashed and unreconstructed groupie. If you can induce the ever-so-nahenahe Cap'n Mike et al to perform there now and again, count on me in, along with attendant posse, to swell the ranks of the adoring (and gastronomically rapacious) audience. Dana Point is a darn sight closer to Laguna than Oceanside. Not that it's a contest, mind you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000