Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Steel Guitar
 HSGA Convention
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  03:25:12 AM  Show Profile
The Hawaiian Steel Guitar Association (HSGA) is holding their biuennial Hawaiian convention at the Queen Kapiolani hotel in Waikiki next Tuseday, Wednesday and Thursday (4/24 - 4/30). If you are on Oahu, I recommend it highly. Of course, I'll be there.

keaka

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  09:19:35 AM  Show Profile
It was fantastic. I was joined in my set by Bobby Ingano, along with Don Kellett from BC and Kamaka Tom on bass. WOW!! Then I got to sit in with the Keave clan at the Marriott last night. Alan Akaka played rhythm guitar, Mandy on uke and Gary Aiko on bass nad singing. What a thrill! On a serious note, the HSGA has established a fund to supply steels to the schools in Hawaii and get qualified teachers for the program. More info at http://www.hsga.org/new_design/scholarship.htm

keaka
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  1:12:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by slipry1

IThen I got to sit in with the Keave clan at the Marriott last night. Alan Akaka played rhythm guitar, Mandy on uke and Gary Aiko on bass nad singing. What a thrill!
Ahhh - and I was wondering if you might have made it to Pakele Live at the Ala Moana last night (Bobby was there, to back up David & Dennis Kamakahi).

See you back home soon. Sounds like you might not even need a plane to return - you can float in air now!
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  08:29:07 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

quote:
Originally posted by slipry1

IThen I got to sit in with the Keave clan at the Marriott last night. Alan Akaka played rhythm guitar, Mandy on uke and Gary Aiko on bass nad singing. What a thrill!
Ahhh - and I was wondering if you might have made it to Pakele Live at the Ala Moana last night (Bobby was there, to back up David & Dennis Kamakahi).

See you back home soon. Sounds like you might not even need a plane to return - you can float in air now!

Yeah, bra, and today I get to party with Duke, Jay and the gang! Monday, I end my free fall, as the time to go home arrives.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  08:44:00 AM  Show Profile
Choke good fun! Wish we was there.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  3:59:56 PM  Show Profile
Glad you had the opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  07:09:20 AM  Show Profile
The party was really neat. Duke, Jay, Terry, Shawn and a good slack keyer and singer whose name I forget, along with wives (food was onolicious - didn't need suppah!), and keikis splashing in the pool. Jay has a ruptured disc, so he couldn't play, but sang. He goes in to surgery Thursday. Everyone say a prayer for him, please. It's the disc below the 2nd cervical vertebra, the same area where my break occured. What a fine bunch of people! Last night I saw Martin, George, Aaron and Bobby at the Marriott. George says they're pretty sure that they will be back in Seattle in August. Oh, boy -hope they bring Bobby this time! I'm headed back to Seattle today - sigh!

keaka
Go to Top of Page

Hookani
Lokahi

232 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  1:59:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jack, was nice meeting you at Duke's shindig. Wish I could've stayed longer but I had a date with my daughter and Chuckie Cheese for her B-day. Anywayz, hope to be able to jam with you again next time you come up.

Aloha,
Ho'okani (Derek)

Ke Kani Nahe
YouTube

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  2:13:25 PM  Show Profile
If Martin dem ain't there in August when we go visit, I shall cry.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000