Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Manhattan Beach Sat 28th March
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  07:22:27 AM  Show Profile
Kani ka pila Saturday March 28th starting at NOON. Fran will be here!!
New folks welcome; no expertise required. Rather than strictly a jam session, we enjoy working on skills. We range from beginner to expert Ki ho'alu players, a few ukuleles, a couple nice bass, a banjo if Scott decides to bring it. so far, no harmonicas, but that could change. And we like to work on some singing.
Please bring a dozen or so copies of anything special you have; songs with words, possible tab or? And kau kau. of course.
Please do RSVP. If you haven't been here before, I'll send you address and phone number, but won't post.
Mahalo and aloha!
nancy

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  08:41:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Auntie,

Would love to be there but sorry I can't make it. I will let you know when I get out your way again.

Andy

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Kathie Fry
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  09:21:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kathie Fry's Homepage
I already RSVP'd in person but I thought I better do it here too, since this will be my first time, and I have no idea where to go. I'll bring at least my guitar and my ukulele. Re: kau kau... any special requests? Can't wait to meet everybody!

- Kathie

Edited by - Kathie Fry on 03/26/2009 05:54:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

sandman
Lokahi

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  11:00:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit sandman's Homepage
Auntie, I'll be there in spirit only, for reasons you are well aware of.
Play 'em good for me.
Mahala pono,
Sandy

Leap into the boundless and make it your home.
Zhuang-zi
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  9:16:12 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Andy! We all hope you will greet us again out here. It will be a cause for celebration and another excuse for a kani ka pila!
Sandy, please take good care of yourself!!! I do hope to meet you someday SOON!
Kathie! I'm so glad you will be able to make it here. I think perhaps you live closest of anyone. And it was neat seeing so many at Herb's concert Saturday night.
n
Go to Top of Page

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  07:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage
Mahalo, Auntie Nancy for bringing so many nice people for a beautiful afternoon! Was fun to meet and jam with Fran from up north (how'd the house concert go, Fran?), and Mitch & Ken and Scott and everyone else. A hui hou!

Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1573 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  04:43:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Eh, big fun indeed. Thanks so much to Nancy for putting bringing this group together. Plenty of fine eats, beautiful playing and singing, you even called up some lovely weather. It was really fun meeting face to face with folks that I've known here on the 'Patch. I definitely have to make more trips to the southland.

Dan, the house concert went better than I'd hoped. We had a sellout crowd (admittedly a pretty low ceiling <grin>) of extremely nice folks. Bill and Vicki made a long drive (and Bill brought some amazing brews from the World Beer Cup) and several of the audience had been at the Healdsburg Guitar Festival slack key workshop I did in 2007.

I really felt like I played as well as I could for the show due to the lovely warm-up we had in the afternoon. I have to try to find a kanikapila before every show from now on.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

Edited by - Fran Guidry on 03/30/2009 04:49:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

tafkam1
Lokahi

USA
320 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  06:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit tafkam1's Homepage
hey Nancy had a great time Saturday! thanks for hosting and thanks to everyone who came out - Ken, Kathie, U-Dan, T-Dan, Fran, Dick and Linda, Scott, think that was everyone that was there, at least up until I left. Mahalo!!

Mitch Chang
http://www.kalakoa.com/
http://www.ukulelewebsite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  07:47:22 AM  Show Profile
Any excuse for a kani ka pila is a good excuse! The only one you forgot, I think, is Lynn Kekai, Rabbit's wife. Thank you everyone who came.
By the way, don't forget that both T-Dan and Ken will be playing at Back Home in Lahaina is Carson this next month. I'll post the dates when I have them, if they aren't already posted.
mahalo!
n
Go to Top of Page

keneke ka
Akahai

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  6:53:20 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo for the kanikapila and kaukau.... lotta fun jammin and singing
even caught some perch surf fishing before the kani.
Auntie Nancy you da best.....
kka
Go to Top of Page

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  12:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage
I'm at Back Home in Lahaina with O'ahu on April 11th 6-9PM (Easter Saturday)...an' Cherry Blossom Festival this Staurday...
Go to Top of Page

vscotth
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  6:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit vscotth's Homepage
It was great meeting Fran, welcoming Kathie, and being inspired by the group... so much good music. Most of all, thanks to Nancy for yet another enjoyable day at the beach! A few random snaps:

Edited by - vscotth on 03/31/2009 6:20:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  04:55:04 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Scott,
Thanks for the nice pix!
n
Go to Top of Page

Kathie Fry
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  05:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kathie Fry's Homepage
Great pictures Scott and very special thanks Nancy for hosting the gathering. It was a fun day and I learned a lot too. What a really nice group of people!

- Kathie
Go to Top of Page

tafkam1
Lokahi

USA
320 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  12:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit tafkam1's Homepage
oh man i didn't know that pics had been posted - thanks for catching me in my "fat" phase!

Mitch Chang
http://www.kalakoa.com/
http://www.ukulelewebsite.com/
Go to Top of Page

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  3:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage
That's the "before" pic....Stay tuned for da "aftah...?"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic