Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Taropatch.net Miscellaneous
 Testing Forum
 Hawaiian unicode fonts
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  1:22:31 PM  Show Profile
Sandy-ji,

I do not have,nor will I ever, if I have a choice, install Vista on a PC of mine. So, I only know that Vista is a Bad News Big Hog. Until, and unless the Heavens open, I will stay with XP (please Macophiles, no suggestions regarding Tiger, or I will tell you about Leopard.)

However, and notwithstanding, etc., Firefox is simply another app that rides on top of an OS. Sorta like Word, or Nota Bene (you must have been a lifelong library resident), or WordStar (what, no VolksWriter? -you must have used WScript). Unlike IE, Firefox is NOT a part of the OS, and has no internal links to it, so you simply download and install it, along with some enhancements you might like, such as AdBlock - a favorite of mine. And it works. Yes, it just works. Moreover it is prettier than the current IE, which attempts, lamely to copy some of its features. Moreover, you will be practicing Safe Net.

Leap Boundlessly into the Future, Sandy.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

If you wish to include a pic of your trawler, which I would enjoy immensely, you must first host it on some web site - there are plenty of free ones, like Flickr - your choice. Then you just reference the URL (Universal Resource Locator - (AKA address; you will notice the similarity between the URL syntax and the standard syntax for a file location actually on your PC, in slash-dot notation) in the posting here on TP.net.

Just do it Sandy :-)

...Reid

Edited by - Reid on 02/10/2008 1:25:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  6:17:28 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

OK now I only see the box for the `okina from Braddah Ed. Everything else is OK.
If somebody figures this out, please let me (us) know. I have the same problem on my PC at work.
I'm currently posting from a laptop computer that I've been working on all day and I also couldn't view the unicode fonts, but after running Windows updates and upgrading Windows XP to Service Pack 2, I'm now able to view the unicode fonts with no problem. Something you and Wanda might want to check on.

Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  3:10:12 PM  Show Profile
Well I will try this too. Ben, by the way the ʻokina was said to look like a sort of number six. Or beginning single quote mark. When the Hawaiian font was developed it was specific to that shape. An apostrophe per-se was not acceptable. When used to write papers without the proper font I would use apostrophes and then pencil in kahakos and get scolding for than. Until I told the teachers was too poor for get one computer I used to get bugged all the time.
ĀĀĀĀĀĀĀĀ,āāāāāāā, ēēē with option key '''''' without option keyʻʻʻʻʻʻ I donʻt seem to be getting the kahako Canʻt access the font table to select Hawaiian fonts. Or maybe those are kahakō that Iʻm looking at.Of course Iʻm also using the short reply form so Iʻll get back on with the other reply form.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  3:14:54 PM  Show Profile
Well, I donʻt see Hawaiian fonts in the font list. Iʻm Using times New Roman. AĀ IĪ aā,iī,ē still hard to see if te kahako is being typed. ʻʻʻ '''

Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  3:17:19 PM  Show Profile
well it looke like the first post didnʻt work but the second one did and it also worked with a choice of existing fonts. Iʻll now go back and not choose a font.

Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  3:19:54 PM  Show Profile
This is without a font. AEIOU, aeiuo, ĀĒĪŌŪ, āēīōū, ʻʻʻʻ ''''.
with a font chosen.AEIOU, aeiou, ĀĒĪŌŪ, āēīōū, ʻʻʻʻʻʻʻ ''''''

Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  3:22:21 PM  Show Profile
Well the Hawaiian keyboard seems to work if a font is selected otherwise the okina looks like a ?mark.
Hope this helps somewhat.Maybe Admin can insert the Hawaiian fonts i.e. piilani a pēlā nō.

Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  3:24:23 PM  Show Profile
Notice that kahakō comr out like dashes when a font is not chosen this time I chose Arial. ĀĀĀ ĒĒĒ ĪĪĪ ŌŌŌ ŪŪŪ ʻʻʻ

Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  3:27:47 PM  Show Profile
He mea maikaʻi ke koho ʻana i kekahi font. Hiki ka hana ʻana i ka paʻi ʻana i kekahi mau leka i ka ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  04:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Another test:

āēīōūʻ
ĀĒĪŌŪʻ

āēīōūʻ
ĀĒĪŌŪʻ

Andy
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  8:57:28 PM  Show Profile
Type the text between the two sets of brackets that ID the font that is chosen it looks like if you type in between those two things then all the Hawaiian diacriticals will be correct. Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ʻ ā ē ī ō ū ʻ

Edited by - noeau on 03/11/2008 8:58:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  8:59:41 PM  Show Profile
ā ē ī ō ū ʻ the previuos text was in Verdana and guess what it doesnʻt work try use Arial or times new roman or something

Edited by - noeau on 03/11/2008 9:01:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  9:06:51 PM  Show Profile
This a test. Eia nō, he mea hōʻike kēia.

Edited by - noeau on 03/11/2008 9:07:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  10:12:39 AM  Show Profile
I'm on a windows system today and it is interesting that browser and operating system differences do exist. So the screens displays different things depending on what system and browser one is on. So nevah mine wot I said befo.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000