Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 First Slack Key Piece
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TerryLiberty
Lokahi

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  09:57:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit TerryLiberty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's my first offering in the world of ki ho 'alu. It's Antie Alice's Slack Key as taught on Keola Beamer's Beginner's realm (with some minor mods). I'd appreciate any comments and/or critique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug85E6gml4M

Next stop: Ozzie Kotani's book.

Mahalo
Terry
Olympia, WA

Terry

Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  1:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job, Terry. You played the mele at a very nice tempo. Keep up the good work!

Go to Top of Page

TerryLiberty
Lokahi

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  2:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit TerryLiberty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mahalo, Mark!! This is fun and I just love the music.

Terry
Olympia, WA

Terry

Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana
Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  4:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet, Terry . . . nice work. Next time I see you, you'll be on stage!

A hui hou,
Don
Go to Top of Page

TerryLiberty
Lokahi

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  03:49:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit TerryLiberty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don:

With my extensive repertoir I'll be on stage for about 53 seconds! I do intend to hit some song circles and an open mic or two once I learn some more. I'm working into Ozzie's book right now.

Terry
Olympia, WA

Terry

Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  06:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds great! Thanks for sharing.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Iakonu
Akahai

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  06:44:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started with a simple mele - Kuwili and it simply blossomed from there. You'll know your first mele for the rest of your life and you may find yourself coming back to it time and again. Fool around with the arrangement as you grow in your playing - it is so much fun! Before you know it that simple little arrangement can be built into a full blown song and can be linked with other mele to make a nice melody.
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  08:56:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice playing Terry.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

TerryLiberty
Lokahi

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  11:02:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit TerryLiberty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Andy, Bob, Iakonu:

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I've always enjoyed practicing, but practicing music that's so sweet and fits the sound of an acoustic guitar so well is a real joy.

Regards.

Terry

Terry

Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000