Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Vote for your favorite logo!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  10:48:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Poll Question:
This poll is now closed. Thank you to all those who voted.

FYI, please vote before "viewing results" - or you will not be able to vote.

I am so grateful for the creativity of our `ohana and am pleased to present the following logo candidates. Please vote for your favorite.

Authors' identities should remain anonymous until voting is finished. Keep in mind that some logos are in draft form while others are more finished. Future revisions are possible.

Voting will be closed at Admin's discretion.

Mahalo to all those who contributed and to those who have voted. (Only registered members may vote.)

anonymous

2. 2b. 2c.
popoki

kihoalukid

4. 4b.
kihoalukid

kihoalukid

6. 6b.
islandboo

7. 7b.
Lawrence

Sarah

Sarah

Pulelehua

Pulelehua

kihoalukid

Julie Hendriks

Results:
1   [56%] 34 votes
2   [3%] 2 votes
3   [21%] 13 votes
4   [5%] 3 votes
5   [2%] 1 votes
6   [0%] 0 votes
7   [3%] 2 votes
8   [3%] 2 votes
9   [2%] 1 votes
10   [0%] 0 votes
11   [0%] 0 votes
12   [3%] 2 votes
13   [2%] 1 votes

Poll Status: Locked  »»   Total Votes: 61 counted  »»   Last Vote: 08/12/2003 09:37:50 AM 

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  12:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Let me say this about all these logo ideas......wow! I would like to cast my artistic vote for the first one. Great work.
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  1:15:51 PM  Show Profile
Something is wrong here. I voted but it did not count my
vote correctly. The one I voted for NOT incremented, instead
it just incremented vote count for the first one.

How do I fix this problem!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  1:39:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Larry,

Not sure I follow you. Right now, I see 8 total votes counted and you are not one of them. Are the poll results being displayed for you but no ballot?

Sometimes the polls are a little moody, but I'll do my best to make sure it's working correctly.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  1:42:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Andy, I clicked on the "Check Results" button before I voted and now it just shows me the results and won't let me vote.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  2:05:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Sorry Craig. I thought I tested this before, but it seems that if you view the results first, you are not allowed to vote. This is the way the forum feature has been programmed.

cpatch and lawrence - if you're willing to give up your anonymity, please email me your vote. In the meantime, I will see if it is possible to "reset" it for you.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  2:35:35 PM  Show Profile
Andy,

I think what happened is that I checked the results first,
so then it would not take my vote. When I went back to
check my vote someone else had just voted and so I thought
that their vote was mine.

When I get on the forum from our home computer your forum
always thinks I am Pulelehua NOT Lawrence (which is one of
several problems created by the use of cookies). Anyway
I forgot to Logout and Logback in again as Lawrence so I
am afraid that I spoiled the vote for Pulelehua as well as
mine, so if you can reset, then reset hers too please!

Which brings up another question does this thing allow one
vote per registered user or does it restrict to one vote per
machine?

In any case there are quite a few VERY GOOD logos presented
and it is great fun to see the results.

Mahope Kākou...
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  3:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
It should be one vote per registered user although there are sometimes issues with per machine. Fortunately, the majority of the time there are not multiple members on one machine so it doesn't come up that often. This does not solve your problem unfortunately.

I will see if I can "Reset" the polls for those who need it but will probably not be able to address this until this evening.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  3:57:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
I just love the Weissenborn shape of Number 8. If it does not get used, I would still love to make myself a shirt with this image. Will the talented artist please contact me by email?
-Aloha,
Konabob
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  4:41:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Andy, can you just get rid of the "View Results" button, since if I recall correctly it switches to that view anyway after you vote. If you can't click it before you vote there's no reason for it to be there, right?

I didn't vote for number 1 but if it wins I'd like to see a second vote with different color variations...I like the logo but not the colors.

Nice job everybody!

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 07/25/2003 4:43:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Popoki
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  5:26:07 PM  Show Profile
Andy,
I agree with Craig, if you can get rid of the View button before voting, since I also clicked it before you posted your red warning note and lost my vote

Wonderful talent displayed here - congratulations everyone on a great job.
Aloha, >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  5:54:22 PM  Show Profile

We should remember (especially guitar players like me) that more than just guitars are supposed to be represented by whatever logo finally gets choosen.

Mahope Kākou...
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  6:27:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
That's right, *#&$ @ guitar players!

Hold on, I'm a guitar player.

Never mind.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  6:39:20 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I really had a hard time picking one. I amost wish a top 3 or 5 or 15 were allowed. Thanks to all you creative folks.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  7:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
You're not the only one who had a hard time choosing Pauline...maybe we could do a t-shirt with the winning logo on the front pocket area and the rest scattered around on the back.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  12:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Apologies for the forum downtime tonight, but I needed to take the database offline and figure out how to "reset" the polls for several people. I think my changes were successful. Please vote away!

On another note, it had crossed my mind that some of the submissions are better suited as "an official logo" but others would make a very fine t-shirt. Cpatch's patchwork quilt idea isn't bad either!

Andy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000