Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 Aloha from South Australia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nrand
Aloha

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2013 :  12:24:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am glad I located this site.
I live with my family here in South Australia but most of my family of origin is based in Oahu, in Waikiki and Diamond Head.
We have had a family connection to Hawaii since the 1970s, sort of via Okinawa in the 60s - long story.
My interest is as a Singer/songwriter and guitarist, with more than 20 years experience, trying to do some writing in the local style, and I hope to get some advice about language use as well as the musical side of things.
I will post my first bunch of questions soon and I look forward to learning lots here.
Mahalo in advance!

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  11:27:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha and welcome!
Try to stay cool down there!

Cheers

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

lwj001
Aloha

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  5:30:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit lwj001's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha nrand. E Komo Mai. http://www.reverbnation.com/larrylalipuanaionekijones

Author of 4,000 Hapa Haole song lyrics.
Go to Top of Page

nrand
Aloha

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2015 :  08:09:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been a while since my first post, very busy with music, mostly for my work with the Uniting Church in Australia, and as a solo singer / guitar player, performing covers and originals when I have time and can get bookings.
My family connection to Oahu goes back to the early 1970's as a stop over point between mainland USA and Japan, where my parents were missionaries for 42 years, 40 of which were in Okinawa, another beautiful island home.
Now most of my family are here permanently, and I visit whenever I can from Australia.
I have been working with a 'new' song now. 'Hanauma Bay' for the last couple of years and thinking it is as good as I can get it I decided to give it an airing here on Oahu this visit. All my Australian and Kiwi audiences seem to like it but it is most important to me to play it here.
I have not been able to spend as much time with slack key playing as I would like, the demands of playing 'conventional' covers as part of my living means I spend most of my time in standard tuning. I really love the sound and have quite a few recordings I enjoy, as the music echoes so beautifully the peaceful beauty of the island here and the waters and especially the people.
I am here for one more week, and hope to connect with some of you locals. See my other thread please re Tuesday night and let me know if there are other places nearby. I use The Bus while here.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000