Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 Hi from Seattle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Luxinawan
Aloha

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  5:30:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi to all the good people doing the Hawaiian music thing. I enjoy Hawaiian music and culture. About once a year we would take mom back home to Honolulu and most nights listen to the best at the Kanakapila bar. So I kinda got hooked in the last couple of years. I grew up on the mainland but I really appreciate Slack Key and the great musicians playing Slack Key. I'm just beginning and starting to hook up with some down home players in Seattle.
So ALOHA to all the folks who read this forum!

Jeff

Oh yeah, the handle derives from my origins being half and half. You figure it out. Sometimes I forget

gcoleman
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  04:05:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha, Seattle!

I'm coming out to the Seattle Slack Key Festival in November and was hoping I might link up with some folks that want to play some slack key with me. (I've been trying to find some folks in the Northern Va, area for a couple of years now, and not much luck.)

I came out to Seattle for the festival last year. Got a VIP ticket and had a ball. Can't wait to meet up with some of the folks I saw last year.

Kanikapila anyone?

G
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  05:14:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
COOL! Lots of Hawaiian music out here! Check with "Neeej" here. She has a kanikapila at her house. Also, we go to Kona Kitchen that very Saturday before the concert for the "Spam and Jam". I'll be there a little after 8am (alas, I have a gig to go to), but the kanikapila starts about 9am and goes past noon. You can contact me here in da 'patch. Later, Kory
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  07:55:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the 'Patch, Jeff. I really hope you hook up with the Seattle gang of 'Patchers. I've met Thumstruck (Kory) slpry1 (Jack) & Gary Medieros of that Hawaiian music community. Then there's Momi (Lori) & Retro (Greg) and Kermit Apio among others from from that gangs also. Try contacting them here through this website. You'll be glad you did.

Kory, you gotta drag Mr. Coleman into a jam session with the Seattle gang just like I do when you guys visit. It's definitely an annual music highlight for me.

Hoof Hearted?...Was it you Stu Pedaso?
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  5:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a shame that my work schedule (on the radio weekend mornings) keeps me away from the regular kani sessions at Kona Kitchen these days - I miss the playing opportunity & the great company.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2014 :  12:53:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh, Retro, no mattah! Can schedule around your works. Lemme know. K'den.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000