Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 Aloha from Upcountry Maui
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Greyskull
Aloha

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2013 :  1:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha from a transplant on the slopes of Haleakala!

I have been playing guitar for 25 years. I naturally play/create in a progressive/hard rock style, but have long admired the sweet sounds of slack key playing. I recently began studying and playing Hawaiian Music and have been blessed to have some really talented people take the time to sit with me and help find myself on this journey.

I have been playing in Open D tuning for almost 12 years, and its my favorite tuning to play in (over "standard" and drop D). I am just starting to try to make slack key sounds with it. I was thinking "hey I am making some progress!", then I see Ledward play Maunaloa Slack Key with his fret hand in a paperbag... brah I gots a looooooong ways to go hahahahaha.

There's so much to learn and so many tunings to play with...

I am just looking forward to learning and applying and making good music. Whatever it sounds like. As long as its good.

Spock you later

TerryLiberty
Lokahi

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2013 :  07:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit TerryLiberty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard!

You've found a great community of talented, helpful, encouraging folks.

None bettah!

Aloha.

Terry

Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000