Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Steel Guitar
 Stand for 6-string Hawaiian steel?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tele295
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2015 :  07:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tele295's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just added my Fender 6-string steel (I think it's a Champ) to the gigging lineup of our ukulele band Rin-Kon-Tiki last weekend. Since I switch between uke and steel, I can't sit down with it in my lap (but it's called a LAP steel for a reason, Mileko...). AT the gig on Saturday, I used an orchestra style music stand to hold the steel, which worked OK, but the lip cut into my wrist.

I've have a Fender D8 Stringmaster, but the 4-legs take up SO much room! Does anybody know of a stand or holder for a small steel, maybe that mounts on a snare drum stand or something stable like that?

Here's some pics of our setup at Saturday's gig:

Mahalo!

Edited by - Tele295 on 05/25/2015 07:27:44 AM

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2015 :  07:11:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark Roeder makes really good stands for lap steels: http://www.deluxe34.com/index.html.

I have friends with Canopus stands: http://www.din.or.jp/~canopus/joeindex.htm
but it's not easy to contact them from the US.

I'm really happy with my Roeder stand. I use it when I'm playing my Asher Alan Akaka Special or my JB Frypan.

As for console steels, your stage must be pretty narrow. I have D8 and T8 Stringmasters and a D8 Canopus that I play, and I use the built-in legs when I play them. You can see me play on YouTube or the Maui Steel Guitar Festival website as Jack Aldrich

keaka
Go to Top of Page

silverface
Aloha

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2016 :  6:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use a standard $20 keyboard stand - you just slide the rubber ends toward the center and the height with a Champ, Rickenbacher or other relatively small steel is still quite variable. The things also fold up flat, making them easy to transport.

No Chops but Great Tone!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000