Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 2017: who's going to Maui camp?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2017 :  06:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So seems our reservations and all are in order, looks like we'll make George Kahumoku's 20th camp on Maui. Anyone else heading west in June (2017)?
Not playing enough, so I better get guitar tuned up and get started!

Maliko
Lokahi

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2017 :  10:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Claire and I are going.....

Put da "pila" back in "Kanikapila"
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2017 :  2:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be there. I'm attending camp on Wednesday and Thursday, and I'm performing at noon on Saturday. Oh, boy!

keaka
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2017 :  7:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So will any of you be stopping in Oahu prior to or after the Kahumoku Camp? I might be able to put together a kanikapila in your honor if we can get in sync. Jack & Mark have been to my kanikapila before. Would you be interested, Gordon. You guys let me know & I'll hustle up a nice one
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2017 :  2:06:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I would be interested, but Not passing through Oaha this time. Straight to Maui, if you don't count SFO...who has one of the best food courts.
Too bad...those layovers in Oahu to catch a flight meant a night at The Plaza, with nothing to do!

Edited by - Kapila Kane on 04/10/2017 2:08:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Maliko
Lokahi

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2017 :  09:46:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Duke,
Donʻt have specific plans yet, but I am interested, will make an effort to be there.
--Maliko (Mark)

Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2017 :  2:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me know, Mark. I'm sure I can hustle most of the people we had last time to come again
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  11:13:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also, "if you're passing through San Francisco", SFO...we found a nice respite if you're needing to kill a little time and stretch out those aching muscles in prep for the longer leg heading West:;

there's a yoga room, back around gate 69, sorta hidden around a pillar or corner.
We don't really do much yoga, just stretch and lay down on the matts for awhile. No snoring please, unless it's your mantra. But be sure to wear some flowers in your hair, if you have flowers, or hair. "it's ok man, we heading to Hawaii, so give us a little Aloha dude."

Then it's off to the food court , also a favorite for airport food...think its in the atrium like area of Terminal 2.
but my facts can get fuzzy after a couple years...maybe I can go into politics?
Go to Top of Page

garson
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  05:39:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit garson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Connie and I will be there. Looking forward to meeting Jack and seeing Gordon again.

Jim Garson
Go to Top of Page

Maliko
Lokahi

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2017 :  10:14:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Kākou,
Georgeʻs camp is awesome this year! Iʻll post links later, too tired now. 2 more days (daze?) of camp. Played and heard choke great mele!
Many ideas for my Hawaiian Fiddle effort, and some stuff I played camme out decent.
Moʻ betta later.
--Maliko

Go to Top of Page

Maliko
Lokahi

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2017 :  06:53:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Kākou!
I am posting a link to a video of a performance at the Maui camp -- at open mike night. (I hope this works...!)
https://www.facebook.com/mark.gaponoff/videos/10209537162762290/
Thus was a duet of Koali with the talented young Shem Kahawai'i.

--Maliko

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000