Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 How D'ya Do help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2017 :  06:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've wanted to learn this Andy Iona tune for years (in Slack Key, not lap steel). Looking for anything to help. I've seen Kimo West's video, but he plays it in Atta's C and I can't get the video close enough to see his fretting. Any other videos out there? I can handle Taro Patch and maybe Atta's C if I had tab too. Also, if any of y'all can play this and can video yourself, I have a dropbox connection if you can share. Thanks

Russell Letson
`Olu`olu

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  08:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Russell Letson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's an old thread on this with some good advice from Peter Medieros about midway through:

http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9120

Peter suggests using C major 9 tuning (CGEGBD, rather than Atta's-C CGEGCE) and has some advice on fingering, key changes, and such. The next two pages of posts might also be helpful, particularly Mike McCrary's chord layout in F on Page 3.
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2017 :  4:45:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Russell
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: