Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 while Listening to Cupertino this morning...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  08:00:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lawrence closed with Hawaii Aloha. Great, except we had to stop making coffee, stop being grumpy, join hands in the kitchen and sing. Always love it when I remember to tune in...Mahalo Lawrence and Cynthia. Now, back to our Grumpy Fiddler on the street.

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2018 :  05:39:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo for listening!

Yes, I ended with the Mana Maoli version of Hawaiian Aloha - 7 minutes long. I like to alternate between Hawaii Aloha and Aloha 'Oe for the endings and different artists each time. Sure is fun to have a "job" playing great Hawaiian music on an all-volunteer Radio Station.

It is a good thing the station started streaming (KKUP.ORG) about 1.5 years ago so yooze guyz in Colorado can hear it. Now we have confirmed web listeners for the Mele O Hawaii show in Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Colorado and Virgina. Maybe someday we will have a listener or two in every state. :-) Of course, there is lots of competition on the Web for any kind of music.

Yesterday I got to help out with the annual Jazz Marathon fund raiser, needless to say, I played some Hawaiian Jazz along with Venezuelan, Brazilian, French, African and Cuban Jazz. (Name of program was: Whirled Jazz - Sonorous Sounds Spanning our Spinning Sphere)

Hey, for my retirement, it's more fun than playing shuffleboard, Card Games or Golf!

In addition, I have been making videos of live performances on KKUP (mostly Folk artists, and some Hawaiian also).
Not quite up to Hi Sessions quality level yet, but still improving:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKGHPPB8oVQCLIsahfzc6g/videos

Mahalo hou...

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 04/22/2018 05:50:47 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page