Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Afta da 'Rona pau, what?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2021 :  03:54:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Da 'Rona, nuff awready! When pau, what you guys gonna do? Me: kanikapila, visit ohana an' friends, retire da masks, li'dat.

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2021 :  12:20:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are getting back to "normal" again here in Idaho. Comrade Mayor finally lifted the mask mandate in Boise public spaces, well after the CDC and our Governor approved lessening restrictions. Hope that things get better for you on the islands soon.

Our ukulele group is back performing 4X per month at the local senior living center (memory care and assisted living modules). Every visitor has to show proof of vaccination to get on campus and be symptom-free. I have no issue with them being careful, having a semi-captive and very vulnerable population. Boy, are those folks glad to have some live entertainment back!
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2021 :  12:25:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slipry1 and I have done a couple outdoor kanikapila here. Good to stretch da muscles!
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2021 :  12:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have been having weekly backyard kanikapila at my house for several weeks now, as soon as it was warm enough to be outside in the sun. A couple of Saturdays have been weathered out, but very fun when can.
Go to Top of Page

Maliko
Lokahi

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2021 :  04:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still in the process of moving to "hale hou" at Kapowsin Airield, near Graham (SE of Tacoma). New house has big kanikapila room, so will host. Guest rooms, even! Big lawn for hula. Taking a load of mostly plants over today with trailer.

Put da "pila" back in "Kanikapila"
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2021 :  08:56:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We'll be heading over to Marysville, WA SEP 17-19 and staying in the vent hotel. While my wife is attending her flute workshops, I hope to visit with Neej while "in the neighborhood" but I have not reached out to her yet to see if she is welcoming visitors. It might even be one of her kani weekends if they have re-started. Maybe that could include you too, Maliko? [edit] You can reach me via the email in my profile.

Edited by - Earl on 06/09/2021 08:58:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2021 :  05:48:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope things are back to a semblance of "normal" by then. If not Oktoberfesting, I might join you!
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2021 :  04:31:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely welcoming visitors!!...but still taking some cautions so far. I hope to be kani'ing to some extent by then (gotta do something to make up for turning 80 dat month <GGG>)

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2021 :  08:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great to hear from you Neej. We'll talk as the date grows closer. I would be popping down from Marysville to visit while Alice is busy in flute workshops all day. Lunch is on me!
Go to Top of Page

Maliko
Lokahi

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2021 :  09:39:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Earl...
You can reach me via the email in my profile.

Email sent

Put da "pila" back in "Kanikapila"
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2021 :  05:43:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No email received yet, Maliko. I've been off line for a few days, but nothing came in.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000