Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Where have all the flowers gone?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2022 :  06:20:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did I miss something?

Maliko
Lokahi

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2022 :  12:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, no one has posted much lately. I guess we are all hibernating....\
I have been working on fiddle, lap steel, and 'ōlelo. Psyching up for Kaua'i late March/ealy April -- Kaua'i Steel Guitar fest and Aloha Music Camp. Not too much going on locally, but maybe things in the works. I think we are all waiting for Omicron to be pau...

Put da "pila" back in "Kanikapila"
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1573 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2022 :  12:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Led is visiting and doing a few shows in NorCal. His tour with George Kahumoku and Herb Jr. got disrupted when George and Herb contracted COVID, the last few shows with them got canceled and he headed to Walnut Creek. Led has a Facebook Live up from our house concert in Oakland and a matinee show at Michael's on Main in Soquel. Both shows were very well attended with appropriate caution and a lot of warmth from folks who were clearly hungry for some Hawaiian music.

We'll be doing Saturday the 12th at the Cue in Concord, CA, then the 18th at the Throckmorton in Mill Valley, the 19th at Watermelon Music in Davis, and the 20th at Pacifica Performances. Hopefully we'll find a few minutes in there somewhere to shoot a video or two.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2022 :  1:51:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maliko

Sorry, no one has posted much lately. I guess we are all hibernating.... I think we are all waiting for Omicron to be pau...

We missed the Keola Beamer / Henry Kapono show on JAN 22, as we were both sick with da 'Rona right about then. Auwe! OTOH, the timing works out that Alice can meet up and tag along with Neej for Aloha Camp this time. (I'd dearly love to go too, but I do not fly airlines any more - even for something as wonderful as AMC).
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2022 :  3:45:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all. I thought I was at the wrong place for weeks.
Go to Top of Page

12toneman
Akahai

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2022 :  04:20:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fran Guidry

Led is visiting and doing a few shows in NorCal. His tour with George Kahumoku and Herb Jr. got disrupted when George and Herb contracted COVID, the last few shows with them got canceled and he headed to Walnut Creek. Led has a Facebook Live up from our house concert in Oakland and a matinee show at Michael's on Main in Soquel. Both shows were very well attended with appropriate caution and a lot of warmth from folks who were clearly hungry for some Hawaiian music.

We'll be doing Saturday the 12th at the Cue in Concord, CA, then the 18th at the Throckmorton in Mill Valley, the 19th at Watermelon Music in Davis, and the 20th at Pacifica Performances. Hopefully we'll find a few minutes in there somewhere to shoot a video or two.

Fran

I've really enjoyed your streams with Led, Fran. I see he's been putting miles on your Wingert.
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1573 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2022 :  06:44:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 12toneman

I've really enjoyed your streams with Led, Fran. I see he's been putting miles on your Wingert.

He started picking it up in the living room and enjoying the big voice. Then his Martin started buzzing a little bit, needing a tweak after the recent road miles, so he's been playing my OM-18GE and the Wingert on stage as well. It's a lot of fun hearing what those guitars can _really_ do!

Fran

Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2022 :  09:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fran! Imua! Glad to see the music going forward. FB shows are great! I've done a few informal shows with Gary Kalei Medeiros here in Seattle. Hope we get back to "normal"....
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1573 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2022 :  06:30:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thumbstruck

Fran! Imua! Glad to see the music going forward. FB shows are great! I've done a few informal shows with Gary Kalei Medeiros here in Seattle. Hope we get back to "normal"....

Who would have thought that we would yearn for the crazy days of a few years ago and call that "normal?!?"

Fran

Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2022 :  07:31:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hindsight is always 20/20.
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2022 :  08:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by 12toneman

He started picking it up in the living room and enjoying the big voice. Then his Martin started buzzing a little bit, needing a tweak after the recent road miles, so he's been playing my OM-18GE and the Wingert on stage as well. It's a lot of fun hearing what those guitars can _really_ do!

Fran

It's lucky for Led that he was in CA near you, so he could borrow your guitar.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1573 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2022 :  06:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wdf

He also snagged Patrick Landeza's 12 string Taylor, then he tweaked the truss rod on his Martin - now he's hauling the Taylor and two Martins and a baritone uke to the gigs. And he still reached over and grabbed my Wingert for a number!

Fran

Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2022 :  08:16:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by wdf

He also snagged Patrick Landeza's 12 string Taylor, then he tweaked the truss rod on his Martin - now he's hauling the Taylor and two Martins and a baritone uke to the gigs. And he still reached over and grabbed my Wingert for a number!

Fran

He is or Sharon is? :-) :-)

Dusty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000