Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Maui Fires
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2023 :  06:45:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard about how Keola and Moanalani Beamer are doing? I found two addresses for them in Lahaina, and I'm pretty sure both properties burned. I'm hoping Uncle George and Nancy are not in danger.

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1004 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2023 :  5:34:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the same vein regarding Big Island fires, I heard from John Keawe. So far North Kohala is OK. They are using a gym in Kapa`au for evacuees. John`s family is fine.
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2023 :  09:14:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have not reached outy, figuring they have plenty on their minds right now. But my best wishes for all those affected by the fires on both islands. Auwe!
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2023 :  11:15:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks CM and Earl. Neeej tells me she's heard from Keola. They're fine and helping their neighbors. Neeej will post when she gets the chance. What a relief!!!
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2023 :  06:09:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Patrick's Bakery and Cafe in south Seattle (White Center area) did a kokua event yesterday (Sunday) - all shave ice proceeds and the big jar on the counter go for Maui relief. Plus, ono cinnamon rolls!
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1004 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2023 :  08:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FWIW, San Diego folks are amassing huge donations of goods, food and $. A couple of ex-Maui residents (one, an MMA female) are spearheading. We've done Maui food bank. Sounds great so far, but it will be years before they won't need help. Lots of legit relief agencies. One of the things these folks have done here is get names and phone and email for individual families burned out and set up go fund me or venmo direct to families. Don't know details, but others may be doing same if you know someone directly affected.

Edited by - chunky monkey on 08/14/2023 12:59:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2023 :  05:12:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Momi

Thanks CM and Earl. Neeej tells me she's heard from Keola. They're fine and helping their neighbors. Neeej will post when she gets the chance. What a relief!!!

Mahalo for passing that along. So good to hear they are OK. Such a sad situation for so many. I haven't been to Lahaina in years, but remember it fondly.
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2023 :  05:04:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I did email Keola to ask if they were ok. They were (physically)...home ok & helping neighbors, but frustrated by lack of power etc. I haven't bugged him since...he's too durn busy, the lovely man!

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2023 :  09:24:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mom sent me a link to this article today from the Star Advertiser, which quotes Keola. It may be behind a pay wall, but here's the link anyway.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2023/09/05/hawaii-news/from-anger-to-gratitude-3-lahaina-based-musicians-share-perspectives/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000