Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Seattle-area experiment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  8:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kalae led a great workshop. We getting the K Lake stroke down and the music was tight. Credit goes to Kalae who is one solid teacher and music director. Those who never show up should make it if it happens again. Even experienced souls can pick up good stuff musically. Mostly was good fun.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2007 :  05:32:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kalae's a fantastic teacher; I took workshops with him a couple years ago, but was sorry to miss him this weekend (RL getting in the way again.) I heard rumors that he's working on coming up to Seattle about every month or so - that would be great.

He's also opening for Amy Hanaiali`i at her Christmas concert in Seattle's Town Hall on Dec. 5.
Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2007 :  6:25:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a gift Kalae has for teaching mele (`olelo, musical style for vocals & `ukulele . . . all in a nice tight package). What an exciting way to learn!

Don
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  08:26:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dr. cookie

What a gift Kalae has for teaching mele (`olelo, musical style for vocals & `ukulele . . . all in a nice tight package). What an exciting way to learn!

Don

Sorry no could make it! Had studio time at KBCS (got on air wid bruddah Gomes & Sistah Kalima for a few minutes, tho) and one BIG date in evening. Also geting Folklife tape ready. Hey Noeau & Thumbs - got H2 tracks on CD, mixed 'em onto a cassette. Works ok, but gotta get mixing software per Mark for CD.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  12:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you want to dress it up you should get the software. Itunes will burn it straight out. That might not be the sound that you want though unless its close enough for gov't work.

Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  07:18:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kanikapila Krew on the radio (and internet) this Saturday ---

The ever-gracious host of our ongoing Bellevue kanikapila, neeej, will be paying a visit to the "Hawai`i Radio Connection" show this Saturday, Nov. 3, along with her musical companion, Susy.

They will play a few songs, and we'll chat about the evolution of her kanika-potluck, the local Hawaiian music scene, music camps that they attend, and whatever else comes to our minds during the course of the live interview.

If you are in the Seattle area, tune in to KBCS 91.3 FM Saturday; the show airs from Noon to 2:00 pm (Pacific Time), and I expect that we will get this segment underway between 1-1:30.

If you are outside the radio station's signal, you can hear the show as it streams live on the internet, at http://kbcs.fm.

Hope you'll tune in!
=Uncle Gregg, a/k/a "Retro"=
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  2:40:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

The ever-gracious host of our ongoing Bellevue kanikapila, neeej, will be paying a visit to the "Hawai`i Radio Connection" show this Saturday, Nov. 3, along with her musical companion, Susy.

They will play a few songs, and we'll chat about the evolution of her kanika-potluck, the local Hawaiian music scene, music camps that they attend, and whatever else comes to our minds during the course of the live interview.

If you are in the Seattle area, tune in to KBCS 91.3 FM Saturday; the show airs from Noon to 2:00 pm (Pacific Time), and I expect that we will get this segment underway between 1-1:30.

If you are outside the radio station's signal, you can hear the show as it streams live on the internet, at http://kbcs.fm.

Hope you'll tune in!

Good job, wahines. I'd listen, but got gig.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  08:00:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

Hope you'll tune in!

If time permits, I hope to play tracks by Fran Guidry & Don Kaulia during the show, too.
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  7:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And for our next act...yer reminder for next Saturday, usual time & station <GG>

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  9:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry gregg couldn't catch the show was at pineapple run playing with Aunty Manu ma. Then off to Port Hadlock for another show 100 miles of driving just to play for friends who asked for help.

Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  08:36:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neeej

And for our next act...yer reminder for next Saturday, usual time & station <GG>

Aue!! I'll be in Eugene next weekend, jammin' wid the Hawaiian folks at THEIR kanikapila. Then, I'm off to LA to spend Thanksgiving with the kekis. See y'all in Dec.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  9:50:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Willie K and sibs call us to attend their do in Edmonds for the next one. But maybe we'll drop in for a little while then hook up with Retro and Momi for a feast pre-concert.

Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  4:43:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AARRRRRRGGHH! You're all having fun right now and I'm stuck in Tacoma! I'm not happy about the situation, just being "adult" about some things that came up . . . trust me, I'd rather be playing & singing . . .

Cookie
Go to Top of Page

Rich_Smith
Lokahi

USA
242 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  7:27:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jean, thanks for hosting again. Got a message from Jeanne Malubay. Our Lei Mele shirts will be done for our next Kanikapila.

Rich Smith
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  9:29:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rich_Smith

Jean, thanks for hosting again. Got a message from Jeanne Malubay. Our Lei Mele shirts will be done for our next Kanikapila.

Yeehaw!!!...but that brings up the musical question: When is our next kani? The regularly-scheduled one falls on T-day weekend---fine with me, how 'bout y'all? If nobody gonna come, I won't either <EG>

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000