Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Videos
 (non-instructional): Ki ho`alu - That's Slack Key
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  1:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think so...send me an email.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  11:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the DVD

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  11:33:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matter of fact, we just watched it again last week, and I was wondering if anyone knows who that young boy is who Uncle Ray was teaching? I'd be interested to see how he turned out, to see if he is still playing slack key. Also would be interested in knowing who was playing with Ledward on stage at the Slack Key Festival. The gentleman who was emceeing the show, I believe I have seen elsewhere, perhaps on another video.

We also watched Hawaiian Rainbow again...Jerry Santos and Haunani give me chicken skin.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  07:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm blessed to have a fairly large collection of performance videos and DVDs -- mostly of the for-sale-to-the-public variety; a few which we (or friends) filmed at various concerts/gigs here and on the mainland. Typically we watch them, then file them...with every intention of watching them again someday. Riiiiiiiiiight.

Well we actually re-watched this DVD Sunday night, and it's still an amazing collection of wonderful music and awesome talent.

Now that TV seems to be in full summer re-run mode, mebbe we should spend our summer evenings watching ALL our old films??

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

JimC
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  10:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

I was wondering if anyone knows who that young boy is who Uncle Ray was teaching? I'd be interested to see how he turned out

Don't know who the boy Uncle is giving the private lesson to but there is a young boy about 10 years old sitting in on one of the Kanikapila's who goes by the name of Makana he turned out to be pretty good He was a student of Bobby Modero's (Maunalua) Bobby is in the video as well and Bobby was a student of Uncle Ray's

Jim
http://www.ohanahulasupply.com
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  1:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm watching it over and over...certainly can tell who Bobby is. Cannot figure which one is Makana.

You know what is really neat about this video? The way that Auntie Elodia looks at Uncle Ray....pure love in the eye. If you are going to be serious about your guitar pickin', need one wife who appreciates it as well.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  05:22:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got an Amazon gift certificate for my birthday from my sister in Australia, and I picked this DVD out and watched it last night. Very heart warming and enriching. Does anyone know how Uncle Ray is doing? I read where he has had some health problems that have affected his mobililty. I hope he's doing better. I'd like to send him a note, if anyone has his address...Please e-mail it to me?
Mahalo
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  05:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T-Dan

I'd like to send him a note, if anyone has his address...Please e-mail it to me?
You've got email.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  2:23:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
T-Dan,
Last I heard, Ray Sowders visits Uncle Ray pretty regularly and can fill you in.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

BODA
Aloha

12 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2012 :  12:01:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Anyone interested in seeing this video for free may do so by going to my Hawaii YouTube channel here - https://www.youtube.com/user/NATUREOFHAWAII?feature=mhee
Aloha Nui

BODA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000