Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Taropatch.net Miscellaneous
 Announcements, Feedback, Suggestions
 Online `Ohana Stats
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2002 :  12:43:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here are some rough stats on our online `ohana. I'll update this information periodically.

As of 11/21/2007, there were 1757 registered members representing 46 US states, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Mahalo to everyone who fills this community with aloha! If you're not registered yet but would like to join, please click here.

FYI, registered members may check the members page for other members' city and state.

Nothing scientific about these numbers as they're tallied by hand. They're subject to error but still show how far reaching Hawaiian music can be.

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  4:14:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Andy, that is so cool to see! Nice to know, too, that more members are in HI -- seems appropriate -- than in any other location but for Kaleponi, which, after all, is one huge state :-) It'll also be fun to see the international numbers grow!

Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2002 :  11:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha e Sarah,

You forgot the other factor, which is that we're all a bunch
of geeks out here on the left coast!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  7:31:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Go Washington!

"We're number 3! We're number 3!"

:)

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

There's no regrets; only good times.
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  10:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with you Bruddah Chrispy, I didn't realize that there were so many taropatchers in Washington. I wonder where they all are? Just as an aside, Saturday we drove from Olympia out to Issaquah to a place called Malia's Bakery for their first malasadas sale. There was Hawaiian music (ukulele's) but no slack key. Then on the way back we stopped at Saimin Says in Kent for lunch. It was nice to have all that local food again after being here for a year.

Aloha,

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  4:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wish I'd known about da malasada sale - my gf and I were in Issaquah on Saturday (CostCo, Home Depot, and Blue Sierra).

There's also a Hawaiian restaurant in Redmond (where I live) and one in Georgetown (where I work). Personally, I use kalua pig as my rating standard and they both pass da test!

Hey, Andy, we should set up some kine list for local restaurants an li'dat by state.

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  7:28:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife found out about the Malia's malasadas sale while searching for Hawaiian food and music in the area. We were missing the local food and so she did a search, which brought us to several sites that we liked, including the taropatch.net site. We had the kalua pig and cabbage at Saimin says and thought it was pretty good ... but maybe it was just because we hadn't eaten it for so long! We also visited Trader Joe's in Issaquah and Federal Way on Saturday but didn't find much Hawaiian food. And of course we found Uwajimaya a long time ago. At least you can get kalua pig, poi and portugeuse sausage there, among other things.

Braddah Chrispy, can you tell us the names of the Hawaiian restaurants in Redmond and Georgetown? You can send me an email at javeiro @ attbi.com instead of changing subjects on this thread like I just did. So sorry!

Mahalo,

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  7:59:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
theres also L & L hawaiian barbque in lynnwood,this is the same chain as found in hawaii. its been really good every time ive been there.

Lee
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  8:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, kihoalukid, I did know of that place but haven't been to Lynnwood yet since we've been here.

Aloha,

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  1:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've started a thread over in the 'Talk Story' forum. You can get there via http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=953 or through menu navigation.

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  2:35:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just added two states: Kansas and Mississippi. That takes us up to 37 US states.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Maureen
Aloha

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2003 :  07:58:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How can I find out who the other four people in Arizona are? It would be nice to find people closer to home. I am in Phoenix. Thanks.

Me ke aloha,
Maulena
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  6:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
See here for TaroPatch.net members in Arizona
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  2:23:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Deleware!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  2:59:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Almost exactly half from Hawaii and the West Coast (216)...interesting.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  12:32:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Maine!

Andy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000