Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Videos
 On-line Slack Key Lessons w/ Mark Nelson
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  09:51:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha all -

I recently finished the first series of slack key guitar lessons for an ol-line company called JamPlay.

I shot 15 lessons, each approximately 30 minutes long. All are in TaroPatch tuning, and are intended for beginners and those wishing to get started in the style. I take you though getting in tune, learning to keep a steady bass; turnarounds & vamps, double stops up the neck, and give a number of tunes and exercises to practice. There's TAB for everything; and I emphasize how to apply what you've learned -- later will return to songs you learned and show you how to add new licks. As with all of my teaching, the emphasis is on finding a personal style and learning to improvise.

As of today, there are five lessons live; the rest will be added over the next few weeks.

Jamplay works on a monthly subscription basis-- you can take unlimited lessons for a single monly fee. Considering they also have lessons in many different styles, this ain't bad. I'll be adding more slack key-- including different tunings and advanced lessons, plus `ukulele and possibly some swing guitar in the future.

If you use this link to check it out & then sign-up, I make a buck: http://www.jamplay.com/affiliates/idevaffiliate.php?id=2176

Thanks!

Mark

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  09:06:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Interesting site...will definitely check it out.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  12:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just an update: last time I checked the first 8 lessons were now online.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000