Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Videos
 Film - Lahaina - Waves of Change
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  09:24:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This new Eddie & Myrna Kamae film from the Hawaiian Legacy series should be released soon. It can be preordered from Auntie Maria.
http://www.mele.com/video/artist/eddie+kamae/waves+of+change+-+dvd+%28advance+order%3A+2-2008%29/

Also see: www.hawaiianlegacy.com
Album Notes
From the award-winning series by the Hawaiian Legacy Foundation, comes their newest release -- LAHAINA: WAVES OF CHANGE -- by filmmakers Eddie & Myrna Kamae.

WAVES OF CHANGE will change the way that you think of Lahaina (Maui). Whether you are a visitor to the islands or homegrown, you will be captivated and enriched by this film. Lahaina willl be forever more than just one of the most beautiful places on earth -- but also one that spiritually connects the Hawaiian people from ancient times, to present day.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 02/07/2008 12:55:20 PM

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  03:56:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
-The Mele man brought this film to us on Monday. Great history about the power and sacredness of Lahaina. Talk story about sugar cane plantations, camp living and making a living from working with sugar cane. Speaks of Eddie's connections to Lahaina, and speaks of the ali`i connections to Lahaina, as well as archeological excavation now going on at the ball diamonds where used to be a royal compound. A very sad and wisful look back at how things used to be -- how families shared, how nationality meant nothing - it was all one big `ohana. How you would share extra food with the neighbors. How you would watch out for each others children. How you would walk anywhere you needed to go. Not much music in this film -- only as back ground, but you will easily recognize the singing and 12-string guitar of Mike Ka`awa and the steel guitar of Paul Kim.

This is an interesting film -- not one of Eddie & Myra's best, but worthwhile, none the less. Important for anyone serious about history of the islands.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000