Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Is Posting In "Broken English" a turn off?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 73

hapuna
Lokahi

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2008 :  7:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapuna's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Medeiros

You one child of the 60's or what?
I'm not sure...I don't remember very clearly...which means it's likely.

(Now...where's the "smiley" that represents an acid trip?)

Its just a quess but I think he's a poser here!!!! He doesn't look old enough to be a child of the 60s

hapuna
Seattle
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2008 :  8:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hapuna

He doesn't look old enough to be a child of the 60s

You got me; I'm actually a child in my 50's.
Go to Top of Page

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  03:22:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eh, i no tink pidgin stay broke. broken kine english stay how people like fo talk wen dey no can talk english, not wen dey talk one odda language like pidgin. I like reading an writing in pidgin cuz i can be mo myself. Ya, some people goin be lef out, but jalike goin Chinatown and I no can talk cantonese. I feel lef out too ova dea. watevas no?

just tink dis way - if can, can. if no can, no can.

If can, can. If no can, no can.
Go to Top of Page

hapuna
Lokahi

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  5:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapuna's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

quote:
Originally posted by hapuna

He doesn't look old enough to be a child of the 60s

You got me; I'm actually a child in my 50's.

Damn dude you're old. Does Momi know????

hapuna
Seattle
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  12:24:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh...wassup Reid! How you stay my "bruddah? How's dakine Sarah? Anyways, it's good fo jus hang-loose ovah heeyah and watch evra-buddy talking slack-lingo ha! ha! Wut can I say! daz da way us guys talk story in da land of "Pigin To da Max"! Keep us locals, local! Na o-ne dat but heh, some good fun![:D

But like "braddah" Duke saidE Como Mai (okay Kanaks...no scold me K!) Evrah-buddy should try! No shame! Gee'vem one try! Bum-by wen you guys stay come Hawaii, we can all talk "Pigin", and kanikajam kiho'alu at a same time! K-den...I going sleep A Hui Hou!

slackkey Bill
Maui, Hawaii
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  03:33:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Bill,

Nice to "read" you (since I can't see you from 5000 miles away). We're OK, and hope you are too.

You no mo' dakine hospital, yeah?

Laterz,

Reid

Edited by - Reid on 05/23/2008 03:34:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  06:21:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

how much change you like back from you 2 cents?
Dollah - chree - eighty?
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  06:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kden, finally wen change my BBDs. Git on da boxers, day stay loose so I can brede n tink. N now I'm watching the sun rise above Kaneohe Bay, no mo wind -- get zero tide, no mo vog, can see da mountains. Da surf stay 6 feet in town and glassy. I tink lifes konna be good today. I will finish up the final timing edits on Opihi Moemoe nden it will be perfek fo read. No mo complaints when I gitem right. N I tink dat mebbe layda I kona teach my dauda sa moa fo how play slack key n how to cook. Whachoo folks stay doin?
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  08:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Eh, wen I used to liv Colorado, I missed home a lot and surfin and fishing, I was raised in Ka`a`awa, so what I would do is go fly fishing eryday 'cause had wada, yeah da streams. But you know how hard fo catch flies? Neva catch noting, n I one Pordagee lidat should been easy yeah, what you figgah?
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  08:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah but no, I neva steel anybodies flycatcha slippa, cause does guys was handicap yeah. Dey only get one left foot yeah and den dey get da handicap stick on da back a da slippa fo help put on, hard enouf fo dem fo walk wid one foot. I wanda about what da odda handicap guys wid only one right foot? No mo flycatcha slippa fo dem. Sheesh n I taught was konna be one good day.

Aloha ino
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  08:45:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Whachoo folks stay doin?
Apparently, I am considering further edumacational opportunities...
quote:

Eh Momi, time fo send dis makule buggah back night school.

Akshully - I am stressing out over the upcoming Folklife Festival, where I gotta perform in three different shows, all on Sunday. It'll all go fine, I am certain - but Folklife has many special meanings for me, so it's always a stress-generator.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  10:32:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nah!

Das deep bradda. When dey when pas out da brain cells dey gave you extra yeah?

Me I stay mo makule den you, I would tink more like Kaze Kozo could do dat wid da hashi, and nowdays Abarembo Shogun could do dat. Mebbe Jackie Chan. Dos guys mus hav pleny flies in da icebox. What you figgah?
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  11:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Momi,

Sunrise pau already, I workin on what I gon cook for dinna down da beach by Lanikai boatramp on da hibachi. I gota go Times and get steak and poi, and den Masa and Joyces for poke. Oh gota go get charcoal at City Mill, mo cheap today. Da juices been flowing since breakfas.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  11:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dude,
Yeah I rememba alla dat. I used to cut catechism class n go my frens house and watch on Sunday mornings lidat.

quote:

quote:

Me I stay mo makule den you, I would tink more like Kaze Kozo could do dat wid da hashi, and nowdays Abarembo Shogun could do dat. Mebbe Jackie Chan. Dos guys mus hav pleny flies in da icebox. What you figgah?
Eh, you shuwa you shuwa you mo makule den me? You might hafto retink dat because I remembah Kaze Kozo flying in da air too, and brah, dass going waaay back to black and white telebision wit Lucky Luck, Napua Stevens, Dave Ford, Biddy Boxing, Romper Room, Chubby Roland and his Funny Face #1 competitions, Sgt. Sacto and Capt. Honolulu and Kapiolani Drive-In Theater, Sky Slide, Rainbow Rollerland, and if you no remembah all dat den I mo makule den you.

Go to Top of Page

Baritone
Lokahi

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  4:44:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh Ma'deiros! You get good pordagee Ing'lish. Good fun fo spaak you and Guave Ed go-fo-broke wid da parlez pidgin. BUT! No fo'get go da pordagee bakery in Kailua fo ono stuffs, aka "Malasada". Eh, but, instead going Lanikai, go walk-feet toward MC Base and talkstory wit Oprah or dat udda surfa wahine (hell, I so makule I get memory loss, Momi)!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 73 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000