Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Nā Hōkū Hanohano Tonight
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

keoladonaghy
Lokahi

257 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  11:16:59 AM  Show Profile
Aloha all. I just wanted to remind everyone about tonight's broadcast of the Nā Hōkū Hanohano Awards. It will be broadcast live by K5 The Home Team, and streamed over the Internet from their website as well as that of the Academy

http://www.k5thehometeam.com/
http://www.nahokuhanohano.org/

I hope all of you that tune in enjoy the show. For those that miss it, I have been told that K5 will have performances clips recorded and available from their site and from HARA's within a day or so. I'll post again when those are available.

Darin
Lokahi

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  11:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Darin's Homepage
Air time is 7:30pm HST, I think.

Darin
http://www.hawaiiguitar.com/
Go to Top of Page

keoladonaghy
Lokahi

257 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  11:36:12 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Darin

Air time is 7:30pm HST, I think.

You are correct, sorry for missing that important detail. Good luck with your performance and in the categories you are nominated in, Darin!
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  11:40:43 AM  Show Profile
Darin - you can read my predictions further down the posts here. I'm thinking you may have lots of awards tonight. Make sure you wave to your TP `ohana when you get one award. Say, I'd like to thank my muddah, my fadda, and Braddah Andy for making Taro Patch.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  2:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
I will be taping it tonight and watching it later. Good luck to all the performers that are nominated, including Darin!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

keoladonaghy
Lokahi

257 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  2:58:41 PM  Show Profile
I've posted a .pdf version of the Awards Program so you all can follow along with the awards.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  6:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Keola! Good luck Darin!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  8:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Anyone trying to watch? Bummer on the technical difficulties. Mostly, I have no video with intermittent audio.

Not just an internet issue? Sounds like the show will be rebroadcast on K5 Saturday at 10:30.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

keoladonaghy
Lokahi

257 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  9:38:52 PM  Show Profile
Fibre optic problems at the Convention center. They just announced it will be rebroadcast immediately after the show ends, but didn't state if it would also be re-streamed. I will ahve our board members in Honolulu talk to K5 about re-streaming the entire show as well. I will let you all know what comes of that. The TV feed in Hawai‘i was screwy as well it seems, they weren't getting the feed from the Convention Center to KHNL cleanly.
Go to Top of Page

808bk
Akahai

82 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  11:25:05 PM  Show Profile
The results were posted in the Honolulu Advertiser.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080617/BREAKING01/80617086
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  11:52:31 PM  Show Profile
Hearty congrats to all those who took home awards. But everyone nominated are winners in my book. They all make our world a bit nicer. Mahalo folks. And maika`i!

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  02:54:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 808bk

The results were posted in the Honolulu Advertiser.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080617/BREAKING01/80617086

Robert, thanks for posting this article. It brought me another "small world" moment.

I spent many a wonderful evening listening to Betty Loo Taylor tickle the ivories at the Kahala Mandarin while Gary Aiko sang. It was great to see that she won a Hoku last evening for her jazz album with singer Joy Abbott. I hadn't picked up this CD yet and thought I had never heard of Joy Abbott, but the article cited her maiden name, "Valderrama." You see... In our neck of the woods, we knew this gal before she was Mrs. George Abbott (yes, the famous Broadway producer). Joy Abbott was Moana Valderrama, a Temple University grad who made good by opening a local Hawaiian fashion boutique, Moana's. She used to hold her fashion shows at the Cherry Hill Mall as well as down the street at the now defunct Hawaiian Cottage. She was great friends of our family. I assumed she had passed away. So I was surprised to learn she is alive and well in Miami and that her voice is still glorious.

I still have her self-produced record from 1977.

More about this famous Punahou grad...

About Joy Moana Valderrama Abbott

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page

808robertr
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  04:50:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit 808robertr's Homepage
Yes, KFVE must have lost a lot of viewership and money on this one. Here on Oahu via my satellite carrier (Can somebody get me a DISH) I started to watch then the inevitable "technical difficulties" graphic came up and then only audio could be heard. Needless to say I was looking forward to watching, but had to change it. Disappointing for KFVE, but kudos to all!
Go to Top of Page

Darin
Lokahi

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  08:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Darin's Homepage
Hi All,

Thanks for the support! It was quite a thrill to meet so many Hawaiian music icons, particularly when Robert Cazimero came up and hugged me after my performance. Definitely an experience I will treasure.

Bummer about the video feed. Video actually worked in the Convention Center. Hopefully they will post videos in the next few days.

Darin
http://www.hawaiiguitar.com/

Edited by - Darin on 06/18/2008 08:50:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

keoladonaghy
Lokahi

257 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  2:55:32 PM  Show Profile
You did great, Darin. The video was terrible while you were performing but audio sounded very good over the web.

We have been exchanging emails with K5 staff as they work to identify the problem. For Hawai‘i residents, in addition to the normal 10:30PM rebroadcast on Sunday, K5 will also rebroadcast from 5:30-9PM. I have emailed requesting that they also arrange for a web stream that is at a time more appropriate for the mainland audience. When I hear anything I'll let you all know.

It is sad that all of the suspense will absent from the broadcast, but from the portions I heard the audio sounded infinitely better than in previous years. The only two heard with both audio and video were John Cruz and MighTy J, and they sounded great.

Edited by - keoladonaghy on 06/18/2008 2:56:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  3:02:56 PM  Show Profile
Bummers about the broadcast problems -- inside the show itself, we only had a very brief loss of video one time. It wasn't until the show was pau that Pali told me of the "dead air" issue. Drat. Glad I stayed in my seat for most of the show this year, so I don't think I missed too much.

We turned on the TV as soon as we got back to our hotel to watch the re-run, but it had been a l-o-n-g day for us, and we ended up falling asleep within minutes. Got home this morning to find that our DVR had failed too. Erk!

Have set the DVR for the Saturday broadcast. Hope this one works.

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000