Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Future Aloha Camps?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  2:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Concerning the Future of the Aloha Music Camps

Since our beginnings in 2000, the Aloha Music Camps have presented thirteen camps in three different locations. Participants have come from as far away as Japan, Europe and North America to study with the Beamer ‘ohana and some of Hawaii's best-loved kumu.

2008 brought tremendous challenges: the loss of our home on Moloka`i followed swiftly by the passing our dear kupuna, Aunty Nona Beamer. The current economic downturn and rising costs looked to finish off the camp for good. In spite of this, our February, 2009 camp at the Keauhou Beach Resort was an unqualified success, demonstrating the support of a large and committed group of fans.

Rather than shut down permanently, we are suspending operations to focus on restructuring. In short, like every other arts organization, the camps can no longer operate without underwriting from grants and individuals. As such, the Aloha Camps, llc, is currently in talks with the Mohala Hou Foundation, a non-profit corporation, to assume responsibility for the camps.

Until we know that the Aloha Camps will be able to move forward, we will not accept future reservations.

Thank you for your support and your patience. Please watch the website for updates-we'll try to post them monthly as news becomes available.

Imua!

Mark Kailana Nelson
Aloha Music Camps, llc
www.alohamusiccamp.com

For more information on the Mohala Hou Foundation, visit their website:
www.mohalahou.org

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  09:30:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Aloha Music Camps Will Continue!

After months of hard work and behind the scenes negotiations, we are please to announce that the Aloha Music Camps are resuming operations! We have partnered with a non-profit foundation to ensure financial stability so that the camps may continue to operate in 2010 and beyond. Keola Beamer will remain the artistic director, and I will stay on as administrator. You can expect the same great experience as before with the Beamer Family and Friends.

Our next camps will be in June 2010 and February 2011 on the wonderful Island of Hawaii.

Still lots to do; but I thought you would like to know. Many thanks for your support and patience.

Stay tuned.

Go to Top of Page

Mark Alan
Aloha

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  12:10:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark Alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great news!!!!!!!

I'll be starting the 'camp' fund today.....ooo, wait....I'll be on O'ahu next week, so I'll start saving after that.....

Mark Alan
aka: lei hat man
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Star
Aloha

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  2:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet!!! We'll be there!
Margaret & Tom
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  7:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeeeehaaaaaaaaawwwww!!! (how you say dat in Hawaiian?)

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  8:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the great news, Mark. Dennis Lake, John and Hope Keawe, and myself are all looking forward to having the Aloha Camp back here in the Big Island!
Aloha,
-Konabob
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  9:39:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOOOOOHOOOOOO

I will sleep better tonight knowing the world is right again.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  06:16:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wonderful news! We'll still be winter campers, so I guess we'll see you all in FEB 2011.
Go to Top of Page

cwilson
Aloha

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  11:59:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark,
Great news. Mary and I will be there in June 2010.
Aloha, Clay
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  06:26:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage  Reply with Quote
YAAAAAAAAHOOOOOO now which camp do I start to save up for Feb 2011 makes the most sense BUT I do NOT want to wait that LONG well I will just have to wait and see IF I can manage to save AND convince my DARLING husband that I NEED to go to camp. Can not wait to see everyone again. Better get to strumming.

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Lokahi

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  1:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What to do, what to do? AMC would be a great way to celebrate Jan's special birthday next June, but then she loves seeing the whales so much that February might be better. Maybe we'll have to see if doing both is a possibility.

Mālama pono
Ben

Edited by - Ben on 06/02/2009 1:52:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

ahina
Aloha

1 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  7:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Yes, Yes

I exactly know where I want to be in June 2010:-))
Greetings from, Switzerland
Ingeborg
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  3:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Julie H

WOOOOOHOOOOOO

I will sleep better tonight knowing the world is right again.

Julie

Thought I would just quote Julie so I didn't have to figure out how to make the font bigger. The world IS right again

Hope to see you all there!

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!
Go to Top of Page

Larry Goldstein
Lokahi

267 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  4:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't wait for the next camp. Life is too short being away from you all.

I don't know if Mahala Hou, www.mahalahou.org is supporting camp, but if you love Hawaiian culture, if you relate to Auntie Nona, this is a foundation worth considering.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Michael MacLeod
Aloha

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  08:00:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael MacLeod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
See you all in Feb 2011

Nuts! I'll be 60. I can't believe it! I won't believe it!

Michael and Jo.

Michael MacLeod
The Acoustic Guitar, Calgary
www.acousticguitar.net
Go to Top of Page

Daryl
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  10:32:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Michael, that's the how I was looking at it. I'm 54 now and in Feb 2011 I'll be 56! But Susan and I will be there. Yes, life is too short.

Daryl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000