Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 2nd Annual Aloha Falsetto Festival - July 19, 2008
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  07:17:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mitchell Chang and Kala Koa Entertainment present the premier names in Hawaiian Falsetto music, including Weldon Kekauoha, Pomaika'i, Richard Ho'opi'i, Leokane Pryor and Kekaimoku Yoshikawa, with authentic hula dancing by Keikaiulu Hula Studios, Kilohana Dance Company and Halau Keali'i O Nalani. The House band features Jeff Peterson, Bryan Tolentino and Alika Boy Kalauli IV.Hawaiian merchandise on sale beginning at 11:00 AM, the shows start at 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM. Tickets available at the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center after 12 noon on Saturday, July 18, 2009.
Ke Aloha Nui,
Bryan

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  4:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Looks like a great lineup Bryan.

Wish I could be there, it would be a kick to see you and Jeff facing off on da licks (whilst not trying to outshine the leo ki'eki'e)!! Heh heh

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  8:41:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howzit Bryan,

This sounds like an awesome event--too bad it's not in Northern Cal (Mitch, you listening? ). Was great seeing you at the recent Hayward Uke Festival and talking story about da Palisades days. It was also cool meeting Asa and finding out he's the brother-in-law of my PCHS classmate and track teammate. Small kine world!

Aloha,
Doug

Edited by - PearlCityBoy on 07/16/2009 8:44:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1004 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2009 :  1:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another Mitch Chang gonzo event; a great entertainment value. I was blown away by PoMaika`i Keawe Lyman, Auntie Genoa's grandaughter. Talk about chickenskin; Auntie was in the house yesterday. I wish there had been more time for her. I've been a fan of Leokane Pryor for a few years since I saw him open for the Makaha Sons. I was also very impressed by Kekaimoku Yoshikawa; he is the real deal re falsetto and his halau performed admirably. What Mitch does better than anyone is showcase new or relatively unknown (to Mainland audiences) talent. This makes these events, and I include the SO Cal Slack Key Festivals) special. For anyone near LA next Jan ( have to drive 2.5 hours), don't even think about missing the next one. Congrats Mitch
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2009 :  1:14:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto!!! Way to go, and a big Mahalo Mitch for putting on another great showcase of talent!! I can't wait for the Slack Key Festival in Jan/10!!! should be great.
After the festival on Saturday, we went and saw T-Dan perform with his band Oahu at the Back Home in Lahina resturant, those guys were very smooth...good times...good times.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  06:15:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Each performance Mitch puts on is better than the last. Yup, don't miss any of them. We were just blown away by the excellence from the starting chant, to Uncle Richard's valiant effort and sterling performance despite a bad cold. I guess this is funny thing to comment on, but the lighting guy is spectacular!
Auntie Geri really rocks, and she's here with us! The audience has so much fun, and I believe the performers do too. They are so kind and friendly to all of us.
Jeff once again gave a workshop that blew us away. There were 7 students and we can't wait for the next time he's here. And for all of you who were out of town, he will be back, probably sooner than January.
Mahalo nui, Mitch!!!
Go to Top of Page

tafkam1
Lokahi

USA
320 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  09:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit tafkam1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for all the kind words! I really, really appreciate the support of all you folks- when I see all the faces aglow in the theater and lobby and when I read all the awesome emails I always get - it keeps me going, believe me. I'll be blogging more about the event at http://mitchchang.blogspot.com/

Thanks again for everything!!!

p.s. guess who was up in the lighting booth??

Mitch Chang
http://www.kalakoa.com/
http://www.ukulelewebsite.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000