Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 IslandVortex.com Slack Key Lessons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  8:55:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howzit TP Ohana!

http://www.islandVortex.com

click on Users, then Videos and wait for upload!

I will be giving 'free' lessons online every Fridays at the website above starting at 4:15 p.m. Hawaii time.

We've been doing this every Friday since May 2009. We went over very basic slack key with my family tune 'A' and 'Kauli'a C'; The last 2 Fridays I've been focusing on the basic 'G' taropatch tuning using 1 hand slack key with hula motions with the left hand. We will be continuing this free lessons until July 3 2009 when the islandVortex.com will be launching their 'Institute of Learning' where slack key, recording engineering, videography, martial, Japanese Culture, Hawaiian Throw Netting, Luau Preparations...the list is enless.

Join me and my students every Friday, here at islandVortex.com

Mahalo, Donald Kaulia

donkaulia

Kathie Fry
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  07:53:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kathie Fry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don, are you teaching these lessons live on the Web? If they are... see you Friday! (you won't see me, but I'll see you)

- Kathie
Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  09:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes for FREEE!!!!!

TAROPATCH & da 1 hand slack key hula

quote:
Originally posted by Kathie Fry

Don, are you teaching these lessons live on the Web? If they are... see you Friday! (you won't see me, but I'll see you)

- Kathie

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  11:27:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right on Don. Kudos to you for doing your part to help perpetuate ki ho'alu and sharing your mana'o.
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  1:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool Don, will definitely check this out!

Lee
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  12:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don,

Mahalo, sound very cool!

--Mark
Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  4:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey I just found out that for the 24/7 stuff, you can view my previouse classes by clicking on the websit then click on ARCHIVES

for the live session at 4pm every Fridays, click on 'LIVE BROADCAST'

I taught the A

Friday I will teach Taropatch, then G bass riffs then the 1 hand slack key Hula

if we have time I'll show our family Am tuning and Kaulia's C tuning

These are just some of the secret family tunes on my next CD release,

"Braddah Donald....Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Tunes"

I'll be showcasing some standard popular tunes and a few tunes never before recorded and never before exposed to the modern world.

Mahalo!

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Lokahi

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  01:16:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don this is amazing. I’m in the UK, and 4:15 in the afternoon Hawaii time it’s 3:15 in the morning for me! Being able to catch up outside of ‘real time’ is a great advantage for me! Thanks very much for this!
Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  11:40:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey! Aloha! all the way from Kona to You in the U.K.
My wife danced hula for the Queen in 1983 and came back and had 2 children that we named Duke London and Mary Brittainy. See you online! If not you can always click on the archives if you missed any of my lessons! I gotta get to U.K. someday!
Aloha and Mahalo! Donald Kaulia

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Don this is amazing. I’m in the UK, and 4:15 in the afternoon Hawaii time it’s 3:15 in the morning for me! Being able to catch up outside of ‘real time’ is a great advantage for me! Thanks very much for this!

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  2:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howzit T P Ohana, okay islandVortex.com is running my class from last week, click on 'live broadcast' at the right top of the website corner.

I'm heading to the studio shortly. You will see a 'breaking news'....that's my partners discussing the plan for islandVortex.com

My slack key program is just one of the many institutional menus scheduled for this internet break thru to include Big Island News Media 24/7.

Okay! see you 'live' online within an hour!

http://www.islandVortex.com

Aloha, Braddah Donald Kaulia

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

jmk
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  9:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo Braddah Donald for an excellent lesson. FIRST TIME I've seen the 'slack key hula'. You may have topped the 'Punahoa Special' with that hula slack key.

Aloha. Looking forward to the next class.

Nahenahe
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  07:34:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don, enjoyed that, will be watching for more!

Lee
Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2009 :  6:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ONLINE SLACKKEY LESSONS ON ISLANDVORTEX.COM CANCELLED FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS. SORRY, due to the owners being on the mainland for another project, the studio will be closed. If you feel that this program is great and excellent and you want more, please send your comments to
Seti @ islandVortex.com

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  08:12:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty cool concept. Looks like fun, too! Good luck. Funny, I don't know you, but as soon as the vid came on and I saw you, I thought..."He gotta be Duane's brother!" Or at least related?

Aloha and good luck with the project.

Aloha,
da Poi Dog
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  10:11:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I checked out the site. Man you got something good happening on that site. Could you post what the notes are on a string by string basis for that A tuning my friend? I would greatly appreciate it.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  10:34:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PoiDog

Pretty cool concept. Looks like fun, too! Good luck. Funny, I don't know you, but as soon as the vid came on and I saw you, I thought..."He gotta be Duane's brother!" Or at least related?

Aloha and good luck with the project.

Thanks Poi Dog! Dwayne is my youngest brother of 10 siblings! He is almost there with his PhD!

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000