Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Videos
 Keoki Kahumoku: Introduction to Ki ho`alu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2003 :  10:48:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Assuming that you want the Keoki DVD, go to http://www.thegtw.com/artists/keoki_kahumoku/keoki_kahumoku_main.htm

Click DVD you'd like to buy, "Add to Cart", and then "Check Out". Should be self explanatory from there.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Charlie
Aloha

2 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  06:35:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody got guitar tab for the opening/closing piece Keoki does on this DVD?

Charlie
Go to Top of Page

Slow Poke
Aloha

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  09:45:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thegtw also now has Keoki's intermediate DVD which includes 'Kealia' (and I think it may have been
'Slack Key Circle') performed in the beginning DVD - still no tabs. Keoki seems to know people want
tabs as he mentioned that he'd try to tab some songs out at a workshop in Berkeley (Spring 2007).
Keoki's DVDs are some of the better instructional information available in my humble opinion.
http://www.thegtw.com/artists/keoki_kahumoku/keoki_kahumoku_slack_vol2.htm
Go to Top of Page

Keoki Kahumoku
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  4:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Keoki Kahumoku's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guyʻs & galʻs for all your support! I did these videoʻs for you and me "da Students"!
bettah den 1 string at a time! Keoki

Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  11:29:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure I have all of Keoki's Slack Key DVDs from Bruce Lamb (both of them). If you want a specific song I can try my hand at tabbing it out from the DVD and send it to Keoki for checking/blessing/approval and then he can decide what to do with the corrected tab.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

ted andersen
Aloha

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  08:23:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit ted andersen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I (as well) am trying to figure out the opening piece on Keoki Kahumoku's 1st Slack Key DVD (the very beginning of it is obscured by the title credits). And, despite what Slow Poke claims, I am pretty sure it is a different song from "Kea Lia" or "Slack Key Circle" (although I am not positive, as I am a beginner, and still awaiting my 2nd Keoki Kahumoku DVD).
Mika ele, did you have any luck with tabbing this out?
Thanks--Ted
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  3:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sent the PDF file to Keoki last March for his use. Since he didn't provide me with any "gotchas" I assume it was pretty close to his intent. You can ask him for the file.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

anela51
Aloha

10 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  2:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha,

I am trying to obtain a copy of Keoki Kahumoku's Introduction to Ki ho Alu Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar DVD, but it does not seem to be available anymore--at least on Amazon.

Does anyone here know where I can get a copy of it?

Mahalo!
Anela
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  6:15:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got that from thegtw.com , Lamb Productions, but it seems the website no longer exists or its down. The dvd has an email printed on it homefix @ homtvnet.com and phone 800 495-8444. If those are no good maybe try direct from Keoki?

Lee
Go to Top of Page

Eynowd
Lokahi

Australia
181 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  01:55:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anela51

Aloha,

I am trying to obtain a copy of Keoki Kahumoku's Introduction to Ki ho Alu Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar DVD, but it does not seem to be available anymore--at least on Amazon.

This one?

Geoff - g'day from Canberra, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  03:02:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes thats it, guess they changed their website. All the videos are really good.

Lee
Go to Top of Page

anela51
Aloha

10 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  09:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo nui loa, Geoff! The more ways to learn slack key guitar the better.

Anela

quote:
Originally posted by Eynowd

quote:
Originally posted by anela51

Aloha,

This one?

Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  05:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kihoalukid

I sent an email to Bruce Lamb through the Case Extreme web site that he also runs. He repsonded promptly saying that his tech people are working on fixing the Guitar Workshop site, but you can also get to the DVD titles through www.caseextreme.com
Go to Top of Page

anela51
Aloha

10 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  10:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Earl. I've placed my order for it.

Anela

quote:
Originally posted by Earl

quote:
Originally posted by kihoalukid

I sent an email to Bruce Lamb through the Case Extreme web site that he also runs. He repsonded promptly saying that his tech people are working on fixing the Guitar Workshop site, but you can also get to the DVD titles through www.caseextreme.com

Go to Top of Page

Eynowd
Lokahi

Australia
181 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  6:35:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Earl

Just be advised that if you live outside the USA, Bruce is not interested in shipping the DVDs to you.

His website does not have an option for international shipping. I emailed him last October asking for a shipping quote and he said that he'd go to the post office the next day to get a quote. This thread reminded me that he hadn't ever gotten back to me, so I asked again, and was tld

quote:
from Bruce Lamb's email:
My site has been down for a few days, but here's the deal. For me to send you a DVD I have to drive to the post office which is 10 miles away-. Then stand in line to get to the person who will hand me the Shipping details to fill out for out of country shipping. This usually is at least a one hour in line. The shipping cost to you is more than the DVD would be.

I wish it were easier than that but it's not. So my suggestion would be to use the online lessons.

Here is a link for a free all lessons access for 1 day. Then you will be charged for a monthly subscription after that until canceled. Which is $14.00 per month.
There are other options and payment plans but this would be the best for you at this time.

<<snip>>

Sorry this is the best I can do for now.

So, I won't be ordering the DVDs after all; I'm not interested in a monthly subscription fee.

Geoff - g'day from Canberra, Australia.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000