Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 It's taken a loooong time...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eynowd
Lokahi

Australia
181 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2019 :  01:41:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For a long time, I've lamented the fact that in my neck of the woods, there's been nothing slack key related going on, because I was the only slack key player in the city.

I am happy to report, that is no longer the case!

Aside from teaching my nine-year-old daughter to play "Kani Ki Ho`alu", there's now another gent in town who's started playing.

We met up again this afternoon and played in the park for about an hour (thankfully, the bushfire smoke that's been blanketing the town for the past two weeks let up for a few hours today).

It's the second time we've met up, and we have plans to catch up again early in the new year.

He's still very much a beginner, but I've got him onto Ozzie's book, and he's learned "Manuela Boy" pretty well. We're going to work on one of use playing the melody and the other one playing an accompaniment at our next meet up.

I'm hoping this means that the Canberra Ki Ho`alu Society might finally be a reality

Geoff - g'day from Canberra, Australia.

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2019 :  06:02:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep it up...that's how our kanis got started. Good on ya!

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2019 :  06:04:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One person at a time, one tune at a time.....
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2019 :  07:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gotta start somewhere.

I need to get back to slack-key. I have been working y standard tuning Piedmont blues / ragtime repertoire, after neglecting it for slack-key over the past three months.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000