Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 September giveaway - you post & you're entered!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2003 :  8:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
August's giveaway went well so let's do it again. All registered members who post in the month of September are eligible. Any lurkers out there? Here's a perfectly good excuse to post your first post.

Anyone who posts in the month of August September will be entered into a random drawing to win Leonard Kwan's out-of-print Slack Key Instruction Book. Good luck and happy posting!

Andy

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2003 :  8:52:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hey andy, your announcement contains a typo - in the line below the image, "August" should be "September".

sneaky way of getting my name in the hat, eh?

have you considered weighting the names inversely with the number of times the member has ever posted, to give hope to the shyer newbie?

Keith

Edited by - marzullo on 09/03/2003 8:54:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2003 :  9:47:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Shoots, you caught me in the ol' cut and paste. I'll have to think about the inverse weighting. It would be great to award a newbie poster.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  12:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by marzullo

have you considered weighting the names inversely with the number of times the member has ever posted
Ha! I bet that back in high school you thought you'd never use words like that in a real sentence.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 09/04/2003 12:12:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  01:44:24 AM  Show Profile
Sounds complicated. Maybe just something like 4 or 5 extra entries for your first posting.
Raymond
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  01:59:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by RJS

Sounds complicated. Maybe just something like 4 or 5 extra entries for your first posting.
Raymond

I think I like that math better. How about:
  • first time poster = 5 entries
  • All other posters = 1 entry

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  03:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
How do you propose tracking first time posters?

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  1:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
how about also making it open only to people who are not lokahi or up?

aloha,

Keith
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  2:34:59 PM  Show Profile
I really like the idea of a newbie getting Leonard's book, too. But, my definition of a newbie (new to slack key) is a little complicated to track and, so, probably not practical. I think Keith has the most easily handled solution.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  2:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Ok, since I announced the September giveaway already, I hate to take a winning chance away from our loyal posters. This is what we'll do.

1) A general drawing for the Leonard Kwan book (everyone has an equal chance)
2) A drawing for Sept. posters below Lokahi (people with fewer than 100 posts) for a CD

Sounds good to me. Everyone wins... well, two people will win.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  11:14:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi Andy,

That's a really great book you're giving away. And remember that Cord International's re-issue of Leonard Kwan's work should be out any day now.

Aloha,

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  09:48:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
We have a winner! Actually, two winners!

bobby3dog is the winner of the Leonard Kwan book
Popoki wins a CD of her choice

Congrats to the winners and mahalo to everyone who posted in September.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  2:29:00 PM  Show Profile
Gus says CONGRATULATIONS!

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

bobby3dog
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  12:35:26 PM  Show Profile
OH Boy!!!!!! So what do I do now?

Allan (b3d)
1 (415) 388-7641

b3d
Go to Top of Page

Popoki
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2003 :  12:51:15 PM  Show Profile
WOW!! Mahalo. I'll have to check what's new.
Thanks. >^..^<
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000