Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 Aloha from Buffalo, NY
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bill Neubauer
Aloha

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  5:00:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Neubauer's Homepage
Greetings, everyone. My name is Bill. My wife and I attended the first two Aloha Music Camps. We're finally coming back in 2005, and can't wait! I thought it was about time I jumped in the Taro Patch. I got introduced to Slack Key in Nov/96 when Keola, Geo. Kahumoku, Jr., Ray Kane, and (I think) George Kuo, brought a Hawaiian music and dance tour through Buffalo. I was captivated, bought Keola's "Tales From The Dream Guitar", and was able (due to the tunings listed in the liner notes) to figure out some things by ear (I was already a fingerstyle player, mostly Earl Klugh and Bossa Nova). I'm moved by Slack's "mana", and in fact, have been working on a CD of old hymns; my arrangements are attempts to capture the feeling I get when I listen to Slack. Well, I look forward to meeting everyone!

Bill

Kika Pila

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  5:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha e Bill,

I'll take your first post to mean that you've logged in and successfully found your way through registation! Welcome.

I was just in your neck of the woods last weekend - Rochester. Well, not too close but still close. Aloha to your lovely wife and I hope to hear your CD or you play soon.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  5:44:14 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Bill,

The famous Bill Neubauer of the "Lovely Hoolihan" song
(my favorite song of the First Aloha Music Camp), that is.

Lots of good talk story here, so join in. We need your sense
of humor.

...Lawrence

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  05:12:48 AM  Show Profile
Aloha & Welcome to the TP brudda Bill!!
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  05:28:41 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from me too!
And it's nice to know more people going to Camp. I've been stirring things up here in the patch and having a wonderful time! And someday I will even learn to play ki ho'alu!
Aloha!
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  06:15:11 AM  Show Profile
Pila,

It's about time you came onboard. I've only been bugging you to do it for a couple years.

For those of you who don't know Bill, he's an outstanding guitar player and actually a pretty decent fellow. He and his beautiful wife Erica spent the weekend with Bev and me a couple weeks ago when they were in California. Had a grand time.

He didn't play Heather Hoolihan for us, but, yes, it was the crowning song at AMC '01

Ke Akua Pu

Dave

PS: The CD is wonderful. I was lucky enough to edit and premaster it. It's at the manufacturers as we speak. The release should be soon and is a must for all the TaroPatchers.

Edited by - `Ilio Nui on 11/24/2004 06:19:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  07:41:37 AM  Show Profile
`Ilio Nui sez:

quote:

He didn't play Heather Hoolihan for us, but, yes, it was the crowning song at AMC '01

And in '02!

Welcome aboard, Bill.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  5:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Bill,
Good to see you finally joining us in the TaroPatch. I recently started playing with an informal Hawaiian group here in Vacaville (the "Kapunas") and the first time we played Lovely Hula Hands I had to tell the group about the camp and the guy who made a new hit song out of that melody. I like it better than the original and have played the talent show cd to give them a taste of how it goes.
Congrats on your cd and hope to see more of you on tp. Jerry (Sulle')
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  03:03:21 AM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou e Bill,

Welcome and glad to hear from you again.

Remember Sarah and me from AMC '01 (The First)? Hope you are doing well and just join in the discussion. All your friends, old and new are here.

Me ke aloha pumehana,

Reid
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  04:10:44 AM  Show Profile
Bill! So happy to hear that we will see you guys again next summer! It's also nice to finally see you here. Heather Houlihan was a highlight of the student concert, of course, but I really loved listening to the Hale 4 kanikapila crew every night. I have a picture of all of us in a place of honor on my desktop - whenever I feel that the stresses of the world are causing me to forget the meaning of aloha, I need only glance at that picture and my heart is full again.

Much love to you and Erica!

Debbie B
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  06:08:35 AM  Show Profile
Ahh, Bill...

Lovely Hoolihan(s)
Welcome back to the dark side. Be good to see you again in June.

Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

Bill Neubauer
Aloha

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  3:37:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Neubauer's Homepage
Heather Houlihan has only shown up once or twice since AMC 2002, and she didn't quite receive the overwhelming reception that her AMC 'Ohana spoiled her with (and it's doubtful she ever will). For some reason, I'm reminded of the advice Harry Belafonte's mother once gave him. She said, " 'arry - don' eveh sing a song you don' like, because it may becomb a big hit for you, an' you'll 'ave to sing it de rest of your life!"

Well, hope every one had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Pila

Kika Pila
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  5:10:27 PM  Show Profile
Piffle,

Does this mean that you'll be at AMC '05? Look forward to late night (early mornings) with OhanaBrown and especially the Bread Run. Moloka`i no ka oi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave, Dog, Kawika, watevaz
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2004 :  07:17:49 AM  Show Profile
Absolutely ! Jill and I ARE going. Not too sure how I'm gonna swing this one....but I will be there.

ummmm. bread runs!

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  9:01:29 PM  Show Profile

Aloha Bill and Erica:
So glad to see you here in the 'patch. Feels more like old times, now you're here.....
PS still wear the shamrock lei you sent me for St. Paddy's Day, and it makes me laugh so hard I can't get through Heather's first verse...
ou hui hou, Cathe

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Bill Neubauer
Aloha

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2005 :  4:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Neubauer's Homepage
Aloha, Cathe!

Erica sends her Aloha, too! Guess I'll have to start practicing Heather Houlihan too so I can be ready for camp this year. Hope to see you there!

Pila

Kika Pila
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000