Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Taropatch CD set 2005
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Island Legends
Aloha

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  10:21:32 AM  Show Profile
Jesse,

I'll try to put in one or two.... depends on my schedule. Never know what project or how many I'll be working on.

Doug

Island Legends, LLC
1451 W. Artesia Blvd., #12
Gardena, CA 90248
(310)352-6333
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  10:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Jesse,
Reid mentioned something about labelling the CDs. remember what i told you about the label on a CD i got that made the CD thick enough that it got stuck in my PowerBook drive mechanism,. Cost more than a few bucks to get the culprit out. Some laptops are built to much tighter tolerances than regular CD players, so you may want to factor that in.....skinny labels, or none at all.

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  1:48:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Good point, Karl. I haven't tried too many brands of cd labels, and any advice about which ones work best would be appreciated. Did anyone have label issues with last year's CD set? I have been eyeing the inkjets that will print on CDs and may have to break down and buy one.
Doug, I hope you put down some tracks. I would love to hear "Ka Wailele o Nu'uanu."
Also, I deleted cassettes as a submission option because I've never ripped a cassette to digital, but if that's all someone has to record, we'll figure out a way to convert it to a computer file.
Jesse Tinsley

Edited by - hapakid on 07/11/2005 1:52:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  2:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Jesse,
I have a machine that lets me record records (remember records?) and tapes to CD, so if that becomes a problem, I can burn one for you

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  2:10:50 PM  Show Profile
Jesse,

Paper CD covers suck. The biggest problem is over time they will pucker or come unglued, and they won't play on some CD players; too thick. Over a year ago I bought an Epson R-200 printer that retails for $99. It has a CD tray and a reasonable software program for the graphics. I've printed hundreds of CDs, some with full-color photos as a background. As for CDs, there have been a couple threads on the topic, but I have had good luck with many high end and low end products. I basically buy the white printable back CDs in packages of 100.

BTW: I can help you if you get cassettes.

Mahalo,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  3:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Hey Slack Dog,
Can you point me to a reliable source for printable CDs?
As far as CDs go, I'll buy bulk quality, best I can find for a reasonable price, but probably not Taiyo Yuden.
Jesse
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1573 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  5:14:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Jesse, I can do cassette-to-digital conversions and would be glad to assist.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Russell Letson
`Olu`olu

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  03:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Russell Letson's Homepage
OK, count me in for a tune--I think I should be able to stumble through something by the end of September.
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  04:28:48 AM  Show Profile
Jesse,

I usually run to Fry's Electronics to pick mine up. The last cheap batch of 100 cost me $25. I could buy a couple and ship them if you're interested. Here's another source http://www.cdrom2go.com/product-buy.asp?D=D0122&S=MCB&C=MCPI&N=1

Dave
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  07:10:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I just wanted to say mahalo to Jesse for taking the project this year. Since I've barely played in the past six months due to other projects I doubt I'll be contributing, unfortunately, but based on last year's result I'm sure the CD will be the best yet!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  1:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
Pretty busy juggling home improvement stuff all summer/fall, but gonna try to submit something, thanks a lot Jesse! (Man i miss bein a kid,getting all summer off, and eatin popsicles for 3 months!)

Lee
Go to Top of Page

Mark E
Lokahi

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  6:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark E's Homepage
Jesse -

In case you need to know in advance, I'm planning on sending one. Thanks so much for doing this.

Mark (E)
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  7:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Thanks to everyone who has responded. Now all we have to do is start recording!
In case you haven't noticed, I've been updating an early post in this thread with all the names of the players who've tentatively committed to playing. We're already up to 24 players, and it's only been a few days since we announced it. So based on that, it looks like we'll have at least two full audio CDs, and possibly more as others plan to join.
For those of you who think you might want to try it, don't stand in shadows! It'll be fun.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  7:33:49 PM  Show Profile
Jesse,
1) Keep it simple
2) This will significantly add to your "postings" count.
Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1573 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  05:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Is it possible that with the large number of interested players, we should limit the submissions to one each?

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page