Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Pilioha's Debut Release
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

glennm
Aloha

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  09:12:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit glennm's Homepage
Aloha to all,

I am posting on behalf of my trio Pilioha. We are releasing our debut CD self entitled "Pilioha" on March 20th, 2007. It will be in all the major retailers here on O'ahu but if you are on the mainland you can get it from www.mele.com.

Mahalo,

Glenn c/o Pilioha

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  10:34:42 AM  Show Profile
Aloha, Glenn. You can be sure we will get it from Auntie Maria. I love the sound of your group. How does one train ones voice to sing ki`e ki`e?

Mahalo.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  10:51:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Wecome Glenn. As I mentioned to you previously, I have heard great reviews about pilioha. Can't wait to see you guys play or hear the CD.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

glennm
Aloha

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  11:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit glennm's Homepage
Aloha Wanda,

I can't really say. It's something we (my cousin Gary and I) grew up with in church. We used to go to a small hawaiian church, way, way in the country (Waikane on O'ahu) called Ka Mauna O Oliveta. There we would imitate the elders singing in the style of Leo Ki'eki'e until we felt comfortable enough to try it in front of our family and friends. I am sure every Falsetto artist has there own methods but for us it's just the trial and error method.

Aloha No,

Glenn
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  12:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Aloha mai kaua e Glenn and welcome to the "patch",

Fans of traditional Hawaiian should definitely check these guys out! very nahenahe leo ki`e ki`e done in the old school style. My ha`i learning process was similar.

Malama pono!

Steven
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  1:49:58 PM  Show Profile
Pilioha -- unlike the garage bands which have sprung up throughout Hawai`i in recent years -- has done it the old fashioned way. Lots of practice, lots of "kokua" (free) gigs, plus regular gigs at restaurants on O`ahu. By the time they went into the studio to record, they had YEARS of experience performing before an audience.

What you will hear on their CD, is exactly what you will hear when you have the opportunity to see them in person. Beautiful songs, amazing harmonies, and the soaring falsetto voices of three talented (and sweet) young men.

No soundclips yet (hey, Glennnnnnnnnnn!), but here's the CD cover and the playlist for the new release:
http://www.mele.com/music/artist/pilioha/pilioha+%283-20-2007%29/

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  7:55:56 PM  Show Profile
Pilioha is exciting . . . wonderful people that make great music!

Aloha Glenn (and the Piloha guys): I was delighted to see your CD posted by Auntie Maria a couple of days ago . . . congratulations on the release . . . can't wait to get a copy in my hands. Joy & I are looking forward to seeing you guys again this summer!

Don (aka dr. cookie)
Steilacoom, WA

PS: I've now got two sets of neighbors that consider Wednesday nights with you at the Aku Bone to be the ultimate Hawai`i experience . . . and I'm still dedicated to growing your Washington fan club!
Go to Top of Page

glennm
Aloha

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  11:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit glennm's Homepage
Aloha Don,

It?s nice to hear from you. I still love that cookie you made for us a couple of months ago. If it wouldn?t spoil, I would have framed it. Can?t wait to get a gig up in Washington to come visit. For now, we will just look forward to your future trip. Maybe even when you come Ledward might stop by. We really miss seeing him. I only have conversations with him on the phone now because he is constantly on the road, but was teasing him today because he was finally back at work. I told him "Welcome to my world"

Aloha No,

Glenn
Go to Top of Page

kanakaboy
Aloha

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  03:38:13 AM  Show Profile  Send kanakaboy a Yahoo! Message
Eh Glenn~

Pehea 'oe! Nice to see you on taropatch. I can't wait! I've been bragging about you guys to all the friends I've made here in Cali. I think they will all need a cardiac arrest when they hear the real, authentic Hawaiian music!

Let me know when you guys get to So-Cal as I have moved to L.A. It would be really nice to see you guys again. Just like old times in college!

Aloha no!

Bobo
Go to Top of Page

glennm
Aloha

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  1:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit glennm's Homepage
Eh Bobo,

Yeah it seems like just yesterday we were in College. Really that was 10 years ago.
Anyway, we will be in Redondo Beach with Mohala guys doing a concert with Raiatea in October. Hope to see you there.

Aloha No,

Glenn
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  9:00:09 PM  Show Profile
Uiha! Soundclips are now posted:
http://www.mele.com/music/artist/pilioha/pilioha+%283-20-2007%29/

CD releases next Tuesday 3/20...

Auntie Maria
===================
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  05:39:59 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Glenn,
Will you be at the Performing Arts Center on Aviation and Manhattan Beach Blvd? Please give the dates and info as soon as you have it.
Mahalo nui,
nancy
Go to Top of Page

glennm
Aloha

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  07:37:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit glennm's Homepage
We will be at the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center on Saturday, Oct. 20, 2007. Thanks, Glenn
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  11:25:05 AM  Show Profile
Details:

Sat October 20 @ 7:30pm
Pilioha & Raiatea Helm
Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center
(1935 Manhattan Beach Blvd. @ Aviation Blvd.)

No info listed on the venue's website yet...:
http://www.redondo.org/cals/rbpac.asp

Auntie Maria
===================

Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  2:12:54 PM  Show Profile
Chicken skin abounds in the cookie shop this afternoon!

Pilioha's new CD arrived (via Auntie Maria) this afternoon, so I immediately put it in the player. WOW! This is powerful . . . from the opening chant through the entire sweet mix of songs. Mahalo to Glenn, Kamuela and Gary for this wonderful gift of music!

Don/Doc/Cookie
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  7:28:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha mai kaua e Glenn! I can't wait to get your CD too. I love supporting new and upcoming hawaiian artists! Congratulations!

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000