Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 June giveaway 2007
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  09:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
It's been a long time since Taropatch.net had a giveaway. June seems to be a quiet month with many taropatchers heading to camps and other summer fun.

Anyone who posts in the month of June will automatically qualify for a random drawing to win a G7th Capo (reviewed 2 years ago.) This one is for steel stringed guitars. Post away and good luck!

For more info, visit http://www.g7th.com

Andy

mike2jb
Lokahi

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  10:04:33 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Thanks, Andy.

Uhh ... does this post count?
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  11:06:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
It counts... relevant content preferred but it counts.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  12:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
These capo's are excellent! I am a G7th product endorser and have been using them for a while. I've tried practically every capo out there and G7th is hands down the best! Hey Andy, I just qualified myself for the giveaway! lol.

Steven
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  7:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
Hey, maybe I use it on my bass? If not, then I'll sell it to Bruddah Steven...

http://www.myspace.com/art_sap

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Lokahi

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  01:27:56 AM  Show Profile
Hey, a British capo! Nice to think that my fellow countrymen can get something right once in a while.

I've got one of these already. It's really good and works well. I don't use capos oftenI think the best thing I did with it was spend an afternoon at work with it on my ear, pretending it was a bluetooth headset. Nobody at all noticed any different!

I've just looked at the web site and noticed Noel Sheehan had a hand in the development - he runs an acoustic guitar fair in the UK, and by coincidence, I bought my guitar off Sheehans at this very fair a few years ago.

I love it when things seem to connect up.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  03:04:58 AM  Show Profile
Capos are necessary at times when another person cannot hold down the strings at a given fret for you. This offering sure beats the pencil and rubberband thing.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  03:17:58 AM  Show Profile
I think at one time on Paul's 5-string banjo, he used a nail in the neck as a capo for the 5th string. I don't think he does that on his Pete Smakula built banjo from Goose Acres.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

JimC
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  04:56:39 AM  Show Profile
Andy
Thanks for waiting till music camp time. Gives us "wish we were there" guys better odds. That makes it all even <ya right>

Jim
http://www.ohanahulasupply.com
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  07:30:23 AM  Show Profile
I just wish there was a way to move al dem guitar dots when i put a capo on. I get all lost with open/closed vamps above the fifth fret when a capo is involved. I am ALONE in this????

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

sandman
Lokahi

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  08:31:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit sandman's Homepage
This means I might have to buy a steel string.

Mahalo Andy,
Sandy

Leap into the boundless and make it your home.
Zhuang-zi
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  12:40:38 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

I think at one time on Paul's 5-string banjo, he used a nail in the neck as a capo for the 5th string. I don't think he does that on his Pete Smakula built banjo from Goose Acres.

I have such a device on my 1919 Vega/Fairbanks Regent. It's much better to have a model railroad spike unobtrusively sitting there than the 4 inch long contraption that is an unremovable banjo 5th string capo. Of course, it I'm moving it from G to A I just taut the feller (as opposed to slacking it, which I suppose going from A to G is). Steel guitarists don't need no stinkin' capos (although bluegrass Dobro folks use them)!

keaka
Go to Top of Page

mike2jb
Lokahi

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  05:37:55 AM  Show Profile
quote:
I just wish there was a way to move al dem guitar dots when i put a capo on. I get all lost with open/closed vamps above the fifth fret when a capo is involved. I am ALONE in this????

Whew! I thought I was the only one, Mika ele. Fingers get all tangled up when those dots are out of place. Tried cutting up little sticky dots from Post-it notes and ... well, let's just say some experiments are best left unreported.
Go to Top of Page

mahimahi
Aloha

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  2:57:12 PM  Show Profile
Well we have George and Keoki Kahumoku & Dennis and David Kamakahi coming to Freight & Salvage in Berkeley,CA on July 13 billed as "Hawaii Generations " and on July 16th George and Keoki will have the " Kahumoku Music and Hawaiin Song Workshop " at the Temple bar on University Ave. in Berkeley as well....come one come all...great to have Hawaiin music in the Bay Area !!!
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  8:06:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh please count me in for the drawing, I need a capo and this looks terrific. Mahalo for the opportunity, Andy.

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  06:26:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
George and Keoki Kahumoku & Dennis and David Kamakahi will also be at the Grass Valley World Music Fest on Sunday, July 15th. You may see me wandering around there too...

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000