Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Kawai Punahele
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  04:20:57 AM  Show Profile
Got our shipment of the new "Keali`i Reichel Live: Kukahi" DVD -- and it's even more gorgeous than I expected. Exceptional video and audio quality...and of course, the subject matter is impeccably presented. Lots of hula, lots of music...and lots of the kolohe side of Keali`i, too. Best part (IMHO) is the segment with the late kumu hula, George Holokai.

Release date for the DVD is Tuesday -- but our massive load of advance orders are going out in tomorrow's mail (lucky you ordered, eh??).

Release date for the HD-DVD has been delayed due to production issues; should be within the next couple of weeks...

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  04:25:39 AM  Show Profile
Ooops...forgot to mention that every performance segment is subtitled (uiha!) -- choose either Hawaiian, or English.

For folks (like me) who do not have a command of the Hawaiian language, it's a real treat to (finally) know the lyrics to all of the mele and chant in this performance (many of which are his "standards", like "Kawaipunahele" and "Maunaleo").

We invited friends over to preview the DVD with us -- and sitting in our parlor, glued to the film, we exploded with applause several times during the viewing.

Yes...it's THAT good!

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  07:39:19 AM  Show Profile
Cannot wait for the mele man to get here, Auntie.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  08:46:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
I think he's a judge at this weekend's Ia Oe `E Ka La Hula Competition, here in Pleasanton, California. Wonder if he's going to have any copies with him?

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  07:12:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Auntie,

You're getting me all excited! I'm definitely ordering this one!

BTW, I'm the one from Maine who has ordered a vast amount of recordings from you, if you can remember that at all. What an amazing sight mele.com is! Keep it up.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000