Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 Hi, Iʻm Keoki
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Keoki Kahumoku
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  5:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Keoki Kahumoku's Homepage
I play hawaiian music. started with ukulele, and now on guitar. just started playing the steel which is really fun! I love jam sessions and gigʻs that are out doors. I luv to eat, so i luv to cook, so i luv to hunt,harvest & gather, so i luv to plant, so i luv to get dirty.

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  5:32:06 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the 'patch, Keoki. I like all that stuff, too.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  5:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Keoki who?!?! Nah, just kidding. Keoki -- you going to get stranded again on the East Coast anytime soon? It's been too long. Keoki doesn't just make friends with his music, stories and personality... he wins even more friends with bacon.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

kaniala5
Akahai

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  9:23:18 PM  Show Profile  Send kaniala5 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Nui! Welcome to the taro patch.......hope you stay awhile and chat with us now and then. :-D PS: Saw your dad at the SOCAL Slack Key festival last month.

Look for reasons to be happy rather than excuses to be miserable.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  02:42:16 AM  Show Profile
Keoki - you sound just like my husband, Paul. (Plus you both are cute! ) Of course, though, he has never hunted one pua`a -- onliest deer and bears (except for rabbits and such). Oh, and except Paul has not yet won a Grammy. Oh, and Paul has not yet played with Makaha Sons or Herb Jr. Oh, and Paul has not yet made any DVDs to teach me how for play `ukulele. But he does like to eat and cook and all dem oddah tings.

And, Bra, come and wala`au with us from time to time. I bet you got stories to tell! I loved readiing your faddah's book about when you guyz cleaned the fish in the hotel. Made me laugh so hard. Whyn't you write one book?

Seriously, though, how the HECK do you do all the things you do -- farming, hunting, music, touring? It is so much to juggle and you do it all so well. When you get one chance to be papa and husband? You ever get a chance just to relax? When you go home are you treated like the fancy grammy winner or do you have to take the trash out and help make da beds?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  08:04:13 AM  Show Profile
It is good to see you posting here Keoki.

Lots of us here greatly appreciate help and advice (or even talk-story) from Kumus such as you!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 02/15/2008 08:07:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  6:16:44 PM  Show Profile
Honey dear, I just saw a boar hunting sword in the Cabela's catalog last week. Can go hunt in Tennesee, or someplace.And you don't need me to make a ukulele video, you got the live lessons any time you gonna ask. I don't have no grammies, but I won 2nd place in the Master Monster Maker contest at FW Woolworth's for my Creature From The Black Lagoon when I was only 10 years of young. How many people you know can say that? Put some CD on the stereo, I'll play with anybody you want. Not getting in no Who's Cutest contest. Any more wishes on your list? Who wen cook you some dry-land fish, fresh asperagas, and crab cakes for anniversary? And not use no recipe, neither.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  9:41:44 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Keoki!

Good to see you here! See you in June.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  11:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha mai e Keoki! E Komo Mai to the patch! Glad to have you here. Love your music. Keep on posting and a hui hou!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  04:04:39 AM  Show Profile
Welcome and glad to have you here, Keoki! I look forward to your participation in the forum and hope that you'll enjoy it.

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1004 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  07:00:22 AM  Show Profile
Howzit Keoki,
miss you guys in San Diego. Any plans to return?
Go to Top of Page

Keoki Kahumoku
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  11:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Keoki Kahumoku's Homepage
Mahalo you guys & galʻs! i guess you gotta watch where you post

Let me tell you that we are planning for some exciting events to come. March workshop in Pahala; May day(1st or 2nd) in KAʻU???; Already planning for our Maui Workshops in June 15-21 in Napili. Concerts are being announced for Sept- Dec. 2008. And of course mark your calendars November 28- Dec 6th, 2008. Kahumoku ʻOhana music and lifestyle workshop on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Iʻll give out more details as we get closer. Maybe coming to SanDiego to shoot another Slack key DVD for all you Slack heads out there. Look out for my slack key instrutional book for beginners too!!! But no need books??? just ask here at taro patch right???

Aloha and remember, play from the HEART!

aloha! Keoki
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  11:34:35 AM  Show Profile
Wanda,
I tink Paul's beard is longer than Keoki's.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  12:25:32 PM  Show Profile
Mika ele - you are right about the beard. Paul has grown his since he got out of the Army in 1972. I think the beard is older than Keoki.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Keoki Kahumoku
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  12:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Keoki Kahumoku's Homepage
Weʻll letʻs see... I pick up slop for my pigs and the dish washer guy says "Eh ...you seen the news pepa bra??!...get one guy look just like you in one tux!" I still have the prestigous title of "master trash guy, recycler- eh bra get outta my dumpster HI 5 diver and slopper of wild pigs to become lau lauʻs/ musician/ teacher/game warden / taro farmer/trapper/hunting dog trainer/ fisher-diver-opihi pickin, sausage enthusist and state wide smoke meat contest winner(1st & 2nd place 1990-1991)". My favorite thing to do is practice skinning pigs in the front lawn while my 13 year old daughter brings her friends over to visit...especially like to demonstrate removal of vital and not so vital organs...knife sharpening classes are available to any dadʻs out there facing similar challenges...always remembering to do things with patience and Aloha Yes, i still wash my own barrels, now working on repairing a house next door so peoples can come visit or take lessons in downtown Hilo on tuesday or thursdays. Wednesdays and Fridays weʻre out in KAʻU giving free music lessons to the community as well as helping with Heiau restoration to be used for education for our Hawaiian Study scholars(HCC) and letʻs not forget our community garden for the kids and families of Kaʻu and one in Hilo...Also deliver poi every week from Hamakua to Naʻalehu...mahalo to all the folks that have made our poi project so successful(King Lau lau Poi). Letʻs not forget our friday jam sessions in Pahala across from the town cafe...kids will be kids... so yep! i guess you can say Iʻm still well grounded huh? maybe??
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  1:02:58 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Keoki Kahumoku

i guess you can say Iʻm still well grounded huh? maybe??
After a "Next Generation" concert a few years back in Spokane where you performed along with Dennis and David Kamakahi, Patrick Landeza, and Herb Ohta, Jr., you came and found me just to let me know how much you enjoyed da boiled peanuts pupu that I had brought for you guys to munch on. So brah, you're okay and well grounded in my book.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000