Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 TaroPatch.net CD PLAYLIST
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

celtguitar
Aloha

12 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  3:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit celtguitar's Homepage
How does one obtain a copy of this group CD?

Thanks
Art
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1573 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  3:14:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Hi, Art,

Because of copyright considerations the CD was only made available to contributors. However, many of the public domain and original pieces have been posted to Soundclick (http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=38765) where you can listen on-line and download some of the tunes as MP3s.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  3:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Art,

Due to copyright and licensing, our first group CD was only distributed to those who participated. There are some selections available online at www.soundclick.com/taropatch.
Andy

Oops, Fran beat me to it... oh well.
Go to Top of Page

celtguitar
Aloha

12 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  2:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit celtguitar's Homepage
RMMGA has always made a few extra copies for interested parties. Is that not possible in the instance?
I have a modem net connection, it takes forever to download even an mp3. Anyone out there care to download these online and send me a CD? Of course I'll pay for the effort.
Art
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  4:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
RMMGA planned for the extra distribution by appropriately paying the necessary royalty fees for the total number of CDs they pressed. Ours was more of a "study CD" on a much smaller scale so it was decided to keep it private so there were no copyright hassles.

If we do a CD number two and have enough contributors, we could go the RMMGA route. It would require predetermining how many copies will be made, how much to charge each person/each CD, someone to spearhead the royalty payments, etc. It's all about time and money.

Cpatch might be willing to burn a CD of the songs posted at soundclick. If not, I can do it but I'll give cpatch a chance to speak. Speaking of which, he's been quiet for a little while. Everything okay Craig?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  8:27:39 PM  Show Profile
Art,

This is not RMMGA. The legal issues here were well thought out. Live with them, the way we all have. Also, many, if not most of us, have modems, and we live with that, too. Log on, click, take a nap, and you have a MP3 sitting on your disk. A`ole pilikia.

E ho`omanawanui,

...Reid

Go to Top of Page

cdyas
Akahai

67 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  10:55:29 PM  Show Profile
Legal issues aside, this was a labor of love by Raymond with the help of others. There are many of us non-contributors who would love to have a copy but the decision of distribution was made and we must respect it and we do. Craig was kind enough to set up the site already noted where many of the submissions have been posted adn enjoyed. A few extra copies would surely end up being many more and would put eveyone in an uncomfortable situation. Hopefully another CD effort will be made at some point which would give the many of us who were unable to contribute the first round to do so.

Thanks for understanding
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  2:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Greetings,What's RMMGA?
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  2:28:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I'm here...been on vacation (CT) and sick before that. Everything's fine now but I'm playing catch up and haven't been able to touch my guitar in several weeks so I don't want to add anything to my to-do list right now. Sorry!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  3:32:50 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Greetings,What's RMMGA?

It's the usenet newsgroup rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic

Try:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic

You will probably have to register with google groups.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  01:26:44 AM  Show Profile
I would love to see another CD, however, I'm not willing to take it on as another project. If anyone wants to coordinate it, I'll be happy to share what I learned about the process with the hope of making it easier.
Raymond
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  03:06:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Raymond, I think he was talking about getting a copy of the files at SoundClick on CD.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  9:11:57 PM  Show Profile
Craig,
Iresponded to cdyas, about 5 up from my last comment
R
Go to Top of Page

celtguitar
Aloha

12 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2003 :  09:12:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit celtguitar's Homepage
OK, I guess I'll do a MP3 download from SoundClick.

As to RMMGA, I believe its available to anyone with a newsreader program.

Art
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000